Usual time to credit Altitude points?

Status
Not open for further replies.

aspro2

I'm having a "fun" time with Westpac with a new card: first transaction got flagged as fraudulent, all accounts got locked, and it took two hours in a branch to resolve it. That first transaction didn't get credited as Altitude points until a manual intervention, listed as an "adjustment". So, while I have met the qualifying spend for the bonus points already within a few weeks of having the card (spread across some successful transactions plus the problematic one), the Altitude points account only includes the "adjustment" for the missing transaction, so I'm not sure if it will trigger the bonus.

Under normal circumstances, how quickly have people usually received their bonus points from Westpac?
(regardless of the timeframe listed in the T&Cs) Note that I have also paid off the current balance to increase the likelihood of all necessary requirements having been met.

In previous experience with Bank of Melbourne it has usually been just a few days after the qualifying spend was achieved, but not sure if Westpac does it the same way.

I had a very similar experience - Applied in July 2021, branch put a block on it during a covid lockdown, received card September, only received bonus this month and was 90k instead of 120k (Qantas Black card) I took a screenshot of my application with the promo code (WAAT7) so hopefully they will rectify.

I had a very similar experience - Applied in July 2021, branch put a block on it during a covid lockdown, received card September, only received bonus this month and was 90k instead of 120k (Qantas Black card) I took a screenshot of my application with the promo code (WAAT7) so hopefully they will rectify.
Thanks for your comment.

I can update the thread now with more info: Westpac confirmed that adjustments are not counted towards spend requirements. Thankfully, despite none of the actions/responses being delivered within promised timeframes, the agent who dealt with the issue proactively solved the problem by manually crediting the bonus points at the same time as making the manual adjustment.

As a separate piece of useful info in case someone is searching the forums, I transferred my points from Altitude Rewards to Krisflyer and they arrived just under one business day later.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back