Use Points for Charges

Status
Not open for further replies.

deuteros

Intern
I unfortunately had to use some of my points to pay for my charges last night. I've never used this feature before because it's poor use of points.

I noticed the points were immediately deducted from my points balance, however my bill balance remain unchanged.

Those of you who have used this feature before, what should I expect to see? Is the bill balance reflected immediate or a few days later or is it a glitch in the system?

Thanks.

Solution
I unfortunately had to use some of my points to pay for my charges last night. I've never used this feature before because it's poor use of points.

I noticed the points were immediately deducted from my points balance, however my bill balance remain unchanged.

Those of you who have used this feature before, what should I expect to see? Is the bill balance reflected immediate or a few days later or is it a glitch in the system?

Thanks.

I reluctantly used some of mine as well. Wanted to test the feature.

It should show up as a statement credit and drop your "Current balance" by the correct amount. Can take a few days for this to happen and the credit to show up in your transactions. Although I'm not sure what happens with...
I used the feature twice last year. The bill balance didn't drop. When I contacted AMEX they said that was normal and were able to adjust the direct debit amount since my direct debit date was far enough in the future.

I used the feature twice last year. The bill balance didn't drop. When I contacted AMEX they said that was normal and were able to adjust the direct debit amount since my direct debit date was far enough in the future.
I don't have direct debit set up (pay my bill manually) and I made the mistake of using points to pay last night about the same time the month end was being processed and my monthly bill was being generated.

I just went and tried to pay my bill and the bill total doesn't reflect the amount remaining after points were deducted.

You can try to contact customer service, but I've found them to be very lacking recently. It was good talking to onshore staff, however seems they've all been offshored in the last year or so.

ou can try to contact customer service, but I've found them to be very lacking recently. It was good talking to onshore staff, however seems they've all been offshored in the last year or so.
Agree. One of the benefits of the Charge card was the customer service. The last 12 months, it has been absolutely horrendous and I'm dreading the task of having to explain things to them and getting them to do anything that resembles providing a "service".

Thanks.

I reluctantly used some of mine as well. Wanted to test the feature.

It should show up as a statement credit and drop your "Current balance" by the correct amount. Can take a few days for this to happen and the credit to show up in your transactions. Although I'm not sure what happens with the bill balance - I did this for recent transactions after already paying my last statement off.

1627523022587.png

Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.

Enhance your AFF viewing experience!!

From just $6 we'll remove all advertisements so that you can enjoy a cleaner and uninterupted viewing experience.

And you'll be supporting us so that we can continue to provide this valuable resource :)

Sample AFF with no advertisements? More..

Staff online

Back