Upgrade Promotion on E/N/O/Q fares

Discussion in 'Qantas Frequent Flyer Program' started by trippin_the_rift, Nov 25, 2010.

1. trippin_the_rift

trippin_the_rift Established Member

Apr 2, 2006
    Travel + Data
    Facebook:
    Received this today...

Hello Trippin_the_rif
    Normally, not all fare types allow you to redeem an upgrade using your Qantas Frequent Flyer points, however for a limited time we've waived this restriction.
    This means that for your upcoming domestic trip which includes travel in Economy from MELBOURNE to BRISBANE you are now eligible to use your points to redeem a Flight Upgrade Award* from Economy to Business.
    Don't miss out!
    To be eligible you must register your upgrade request online at qantas.com by 29 November 2010.

Registered Users have the option of removing this and all other advertisementsMoreā€¦

2. Austman

Austman Established Member

Sep 21, 2007
    Melbourne
    Limited Offer: Upgrade from Economy

Targeted ?

3. Mal

Mal Enthusiast

Dec 25, 2004
    London
    Flight Map:
    View my flight map
    Saves them giving away free upgrades due to the lack of Business travel that occurs in December/January each year :)

4. trippin_the_rift

Apr 2, 2006
    Travel + Data
    Facebook:
    Now the dilema.... do I upgrade these flights?

These are on Jan 29....

5. munitalP

munitalP Suspended

Oct 10, 2006
    4A
    Flight Map:
    View my flight map
    Thats exactly the reason methinks! :shock:

;)

6. Princess Fiona

Princess Fiona Senior Member

May 22, 2009
    NSW
    Flight Map:
    View my flight map
    Twitter:
    Wonder if any SYD-PER flights are eligible so that they can fill the new "PE" seats :p

7. Grooba

Grooba Established Member

Mar 4, 2008
    I'd say you're right on the money there Mal.

No email for me... I'm happy to miss out on this little promotion as long as I get the double SC promo (if it happens) next time.

8. BVT

BVT Active Member

May 21, 2010
    Gold Coast
    Exclusive Offer to upgrade

Anyone else get an email "offering" the opportunity to upgrade a non upgradeable fare?

My flight is in late January. And here I was hoping for an opup!

9. bossreggie

bossreggie Guest

All my current bookings are in J or F (Where Available) so I got nothing!!

+1 has not received an email despite having an economy fare booked.:(

10. Katie

Katie Established Member

Sep 21, 2009
    BNE
    Flight Map:
    View my flight map
    Yup, the Katie family all got this for our BNE-SYD-BNE red eDeal fares I booked in the 90hr sale. We're flying down on Fri mid-afternoon, and back Sunday afternoon.

Not sure if we want to bither taking it up. We'd get into the Bus QP and have J tags, but not sure it's worth it for a 1-1.5hr flight.

11. docjames

docjames Senior Member

Jul 10, 2007
    Melbourne
    Flight Map:
    View my flight map
    +1 to this - was my second thought after receiving the email (first being, quick, upgrade before the U class inventory goes!). I have Xmas day travel, cant imagine there's a huge demand for J on that day!

Done for me - upgrade off non-upgradeable fares, a good deal to me. Snagged BNE-MEL on the 738 and HBA-MEL also on the 738 (I know, short flight, but mrsdoc is waaaaay pregnant so J for all our remaining flights before minidoc arrives will be much easier for mrsdoc! Had already upgraded all eligible / JASAs, but now everything is in J!)

12. Lucky Pierre

Lucky Pierre Newbie

Oct 22, 2010
    Sydney
    I had this offer this morning, not only for an early December domestic Syd-Melb return but also for a discounted economy Syd-Frankfurt return later in the month. Unfortunately did not have enough points for the latter.

13. mole

mole Member

Jul 24, 2008
    Brisbane, Qld
    My husband & I both got it this morning for our flight on Dec 28th from Brisbane to Sydney.......we then connect to United to San Francisco just wish I could get an upgrade for that one!!

14. Lucky Pierre

Lucky Pierre Newbie

Oct 22, 2010
    Sydney
    Mole, did you check in the "Your Bookings" section on the QFF site? That is where I found my international upgrade offer.

15. jdlover23

jdlover23 Member

Jun 29, 2010
    Melbourne
    i received this offer too, however all it does it raise questions between internal systems at qantas.

I assume i was offered because I had a large cashe of points just sitting in my account, well they were there until last weekend, when i redeemed all but 839 on flights to europe next year, but when i received the email today it listed my points balance as pre fasa booked tickets...seeing as points can be transferred instantly, are taken from your account essentially instantly - why would there be such delays in updating info for these kind of mail outs

one hand not able to talk to the other, btw if this means im unlikely to be offered double sc's sometime in the next 12 months, can i return this offer!

16. tuppaware

tuppaware Active Member

Jan 9, 2010
    Brisbane
    Yeah got one on my upcoming bne-syd - but I'm not paying 16000 points for business on a 734 - and for an hour at that!

17. markis10

markis10 Veteran Member

Nov 25, 2004
    BNE & SYD
    Its 8K one way.

18. bossreggie

bossreggie Guest

Just logged into +1s' account and noticed that I was able to upgrade his booking. It was confirmed right away.

Now... I'd best do a points transfer!

19. trippin_the_rift

Apr 2, 2006
    Travel + Data
    Facebook:
    Any non-platinums get this?

20. MelUser

MelUser Established Member

Aug 6, 2007
    Melbourne
    This is system wide and not related to status.

Anyone flying domestically (at least) of any status with points can upgrade subject to (U) class availability.

The only caveat is X class redemption bookings. These do not appear to be upgradeable.

Note that getting (U) class availability on a 737 has always been and continues to be a problem.

Unlike American Airlines, Qantas won't allow you to waitlist for a domestic upgrade.