dpeter

Qantas
Platinum
Virgin
Silver
Oneworld
Emerald
Hi Guys,

Was looking to upgrade my Platinum Edge to Platinum Charge, I called up Amex today and they said they couldn't give me the 80k points because I'm an existing customer, couldn't discount the first years fee, couldn't even give me reduced bonus points. I said I may want to close my Platinum Edge so I got 15k bonus points.

Seems like a weird way of doing business, I want to upgrade my account and spend more money, nothing to offer me. I may want to cancel my existing card and give me 15k points.

What's your experience been?

just apply for the platinum and dont mention your existing amex card number, I got the Velocity Platinum bonus after holding the Plat Edge for years a few months back

worst case scenario just cancel it before paying the annual fee i guess or get a pro-rata refund of it

just apply for the platinum and dont mention your existing amex card number, I got the Velocity Platinum bonus after holding the Plat Edge for years a few months back

worst case scenario just cancel it before paying the annual fee i guess or get a pro-rata refund of it

Would rather not risk it when we're talking about $1,200 annual fee....

Would rather not risk it when we're talking about $1,200 annual fee....

I think they pro rata the annual fee. Not 100% but I remember a call centre person saying something like that when I was going to cancel because the credit limit they gave me made the card useless. Never tested it as I applied for an increase in 3 months and got what I needed.

i got the velocity platinum after holding the Qantas card for a while. Applied using my exisiting card number and still got the bonus points credited!

Similar experience here. Had Velocity Escape card upgraded to Platinum Edge and got the bonus 15K MR points (specifically stated I wouldn't). I said I had an existing card on application. Clearly their systems don't talk too well to each other.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Enhance your AFF viewing experience!!

From just $6 we'll remove all advertisements so that you can enjoy a cleaner and uninterupted viewing experience.

And you'll be supporting us so that we can continue to provide this valuable resource :)

Sample AFF with no advertisements? More..

Recent Posts

Back