Upcoming trip to Taipei – Advice welcome on things to do, transport, food and accommodation options | Page 5 | Australian Frequent Flyer
Australian Frequent Flyer

Welcome to Australia's leading independent Frequent Flyer and Travel Resource since 1998!
Our site contains tons of information that will improve your travel experience.

Joining AFF is fast, simple & absolutely free - register now and take immediate advantage of these great BENEFITS.

Once registered, this box will disappear. And you will see fewer advertisements :)

Upcoming trip to Taipei – Advice welcome on things to do, transport, food and accommodation options

To assist anyone in the future:

I checked in at the airport 5 hours before the flight at terminal 2. Seems the China airlines desks are open all the time (at least for F and J passengers) similar to QF desk at SYD.
Which lounge did you end up using?

Dr Ralph

AFF Supporter
Qantas
Bronze
Virgin
Red
Flights
My Map
The one in T1. It was a long walk from T2, espcially as I went the wrong way around. Multiple staff assured me:

1) That I couldn't later go to the lounge in T2.
2) That the lounges in T1 and T2 were virtually identical.

Last edited:

I love to travel

Qantas
Platinum
Any thoughts on the best/cheapest way to get currency? Will need at least a little bit on arrival for transportation.

tizey

There was an ATM in the foyer of terminal 2 once you pass through customs. One thing I noticed is they aren't scared to charge ATM fees - 100 TWD per withdrawal was common. Make sure you've got your ING card to waive those fees!

Dr Ralph

AFF Supporter
Qantas
Bronze
Virgin
Red
Flights
My Map
Any thoughts on the best/cheapest way to get currency? Will need at least a little bit on arrival for transportation.
No great advice from me. I usually use theperfectgift cards in Australia, so at least I earn points.

Do get an Easy Card or I Pass before you leave the airport. They are essential. And can look rather wacky!

This was mine:

Attachments

AIRwin

Established Member
AFF Supporter
Qantas
Gold
Virgin
Gold
Flights
My Map
I withdrew cash from Citibank ATMs around Taipei...

Inlander

Taiwan has a good rail system. You can travel completely around the island.
Railway.gov.tw

jase05

Established Member
AFF Supporter
Qantas
Gold
Virgin
Platinum
Yep so would I and very affordable. Also Air China Business class is pretty good as well
I presume you mean China Airlines who have an excellent J product?
Air China is pretty average IMO

AFF on Air Podcast

• Married Segments & More – AIR024
    Sat, 16 Nov 2019 04:32:20 AEDT
      Airlines seem to love married segments, but for frequent flyers and travel agents they can be extremely frustrating. Sometimes you'll find an award seat on a flight you w ...
  • HARS (Historic Aircraft Restoration Society) – AIR023
    Sat, 02 Nov 2019 13:24:03 AEDT
      The Historic Aircraft Restoration Society (HARS) boasts a collection of over 60 aircraft, including a retired Qantas 747, Super Constellation and DC-3s. John Travolta's Bo ...
  • “Hidden City” Court Case – AIR022
    Sat, 19 Oct 2019 09:30:46 AEDT
      Earlier this year, German airline Lufthansa tried to sue a passenger that exploited the loophole of hidden-city ticketing by skipping the last flight on their ticket. This ...
  • Summer in Europe – AIR021
    Sat, 05 Oct 2019 17:28:53 AEST
      Qantas and Virgin Australia are fighting over two rare and lucrative new landing slots for Tokyo's Haneda Airport. Meanwhile, four European airlines have gone bankrupt in ...
  • Are Loyalty Programs a Scam? – AIR020
    Sat, 21 Sep 2019 08:36:18 AEST
      The ACCC recently released a damning draft report into Australian loyalty schemes, calling out practices that it says may shock consumers and putting loyalty program opera ...

Community Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
db07mufan