UK Departure Tax to increase

andye

Established Member
Solutions
Virgin
Platinum
In yesterday's UK budget a new third band of departure tax (for extra long-haul destinations) was announced. It encompasses SE Asia and Australia which will have an increased departure tax levied when tickets have them as final destination. To commence in 2023, the exact pricing for premium cabins is to be announced.

Vinomofo is the best wine deals site on the planet. Good wines, real people and epic deals, without all the bowties and bs.

AFF Supporters can remove this and all advertisements

clifford

Established Member
Will make the old trick of flying out of the continent even more important!
Yes, but domestic flight taxes have been halved. INV here I come!

And the long haul APD has only gone up by a token amount, but yes, fly out of continental Euope of course.

OZDUCK

Established Member
I thought Boris was trying to cosy up to Australia and New Zealand and make us forget how the UK happily shafted our economies in the 1970's when it joined the EEC, as was. I have been ambivalent about re-visiting there for years and this fee certainly doesn't encourage me to change my mind. I assume airlines will rapidly find a way to encourage arrivals in the UK and departures via the continent - or maybe we all fly via Eire?

Enhance your AFF viewing experience!

From just $6 we'll remove all advertisements so that you can enjoy a cleaner and uninterupted viewing experience.

And you'll be supporting us so that we can continue to provide this valuable resource :)

Sample AFF with no advertisements? More..

Staff online