UBER and Qantas Cash Card

Status
Not open for further replies.

sydneyboi

Hi Team
I need your help,
This is driving me nuts, Im currently in the UK and trying to use with QCC with GBP loaded onto it for my UBER rides,
each ride has been rejected and I have to manually log into UBER and pay with another card - hence paying a GBP conversion fee.
Has anybody used the Qantas Cash card for UBER in another country ? - The same thing happens with paypal as well.
Any help is appreciated.
Thanks
Marc

each ride has been rejected and I have to manually log into UBER and pay with another card - hence paying a GBP conversion fee.

Do you need to change your default currency to GBP on the QCC website?

I don't think so because I already have funds in AUD GBP and USD on the card,
would this make a difference?

it should just take from the GBP amount on my card.

you can't use debit cards on uber. They are explicit in saying that when you add a card.

Incorrect. I have my Qantas Cash Card, Bankwest Debit Card and Paypal all set as a Payment method for Uber. I currently use Paypal but I've used all 3 as a payment method before, in AUD however. This post does not help OP unfortunately.

Last edited:
Thank you all for your help,
yes Uber does say somewhere that pre paid cards can be used,
for now I have my amex linked and currently talking to uber support about the re linking of my paypal account.

Thank you all for your help,
yes Uber does say somewhere that pre paid cards can be used,
for now I have my amex linked and currently talking to uber support about the re linking of my paypal account.

I was in America in October and had the exact same issue. My CitiBank AUS CC worked perfectly with Uber, except I was getting charged the international currency conversion etc.
I contacted Qantas Cash about it and on the phone they asked me to add the card to my Uber account. It went through the QANTAS said they could see a 'test' transaction with Uber on my account so we all said it looked like it had worked. (strangely when I had done this myself 2 days prior it hadn't worked).

I think went to book an Uber, and it rejected the Qantas credit card. Unfortunately I wasn't able to get QCC working at all overseas with Uber in the end and QCC never got back to my second email alerting them that the card had been rejected again

Thank you Big Red - this is the EXAXCT issue that I'm having!
I can see a pending test transaction when I log into my QCC - looks like I will be stuck with the conversion fees going forward...
:(

Thank you Big Red - this is the EXAXCT issue that I'm having!
I can see a pending test transaction when I log into my QCC - looks like I will be stuck with the conversion fees going forward...
:(

I would email Uber. If the test transaction is visible then that is a good sign I'd assume for the QCC working. So it must be an Uber thing. All my $$$ on the QCC was in USD as well so there wasn't any need to do conversions so it really should have worked.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Enhance your AFF viewing experience!!

From just $6 we'll remove all advertisements so that you can enjoy a cleaner and uninterupted viewing experience.

And you'll be supporting us so that we can continue to provide this valuable resource :)

Sample AFF with no advertisements? More..
Back