Travel Plus Rewards

Status
Not open for further replies.

lakeman

Hi all.
With the demise of the ezymastercard , I transferred all my spending to the free for life Citibank Gold Mastercard and also took up the Qantas Amex Card.
I have been seeing the ads for the CBA travel plus rewards and was wondering what other peoples assessment of the reward program is.
Cheers ,Lakeman

You can use the travel plus call centre as a travel agent to buy your travel.They charge a $30 booking fee.There is no credit card surcharge for any visa or mastercard but they do not accept diners or amex.
If you have a gold CBA card you will get 3 rewards points per dollar spent through travelplus which you can redeem for 2 QFF points.2 QFF points per dollar spend is not a bad deal.If platinum CBA card then you will get 4QFF points per dollar spend.
The one problem is there is a limit to the number of points you can earn per year for all CBA cards.However this certainly needs to be looked at.For me 2 DONE4 tickets paid for by diners will earn me 15000 AA miles(I get 1.5 points per dollar spend).Now if I use my CBA gold card that would get me 40000 QFF points.Decisions decisions.

drron said:
The one problem is there is a limit to the number of points you can earn per year for all CBA cards.However this certainly needs to be looked at.For me 2 DONE4 tickets paid for by diners will earn me 15000 AA miles(I get 1.5 points per dollar spend).Now if I use my CBA gold card that would get me 40000 QFF points.Decisions decisions.

The limit on number of points is only for base points, not bonus points. So you can still spend up to $100000 per year on the Commbank Gold and get 100000 points plus any bonuses (2 bonus points per $ in the case of Travel Plus)

If you were spending anything near that, then upgrading to Platinum is probably the best option. 4 Travel Plus points per $ spent, then transferred to Qantas at 1:1.

(Plus of course an increased cap of $150000 per year).

I must admit that I am a tad confused...
I read the earn rate in this string and got excited...but then looked at the other CBA strings and they saya Plat earn rate of 1QFF point per $1 spent.

So has the scheme changed or??

I also note that the adds say you get 15,000 points for joining Travel rewards...so agreat head start if you can also earn 4 points per $.

So do you earn 4...or 1 per $1????

thanks

From the TravelPlus website (accessible from your CommBank Rewards in Internet Banking)

"Whenever you use your Commonwealth Awards credit card to pay for your travel with Travel Plus, you’ll earn 4 points for every dollar you spend. "

(I think that message is customised for plat's, with different messages for Golds and other cards. )

Yes the earn rate I quoted was just for using your CBA card with travelplus.4 points per dollar for platinum,3 for gold and 2 for ordinary card.
However I rang travelplus and was put through to a consultant to ask questions re RTW tickets and ticketing on other airlines.Were going to ring back that day with answers.A week later still waiting.

The site now has the following information:

"EARN BONUS POINTS!
Use Your Commonwealth Awards Credit Card for Travel and Earn Extra Points!

Standard Credit Card Purchase $1,000 worth of travel on your Standard Credit Card & earn 2,000 points (2 points per $1 spent)

Gold Credit Card Purchase $1,000 worth of travel on your Gold Credit Card & earn 3,000 points (3 points per $1 spent)

Platinum Credit Card Purchase $1,000 worth of travel on your Platinum Credit Card & earn 4,000 points (4 points per $1 spent)"

Works out well if you have something you want to purchase at the same price as everywhere else, but not sure how much it would impress for paying extra $ over another booking.

Hey guys; lakeman may not just be interested in the Travel Plus benefits. What about the actual everyday points earning benefits of the card? How many QFF points would the 15,000 bonus points equal? That's the juicy stuff I'm interested in! :p

wiz said:
Hey guys; lakeman may not just be interested in the Travel Plus benefits. What about the actual everyday points earning benefits of the card? How many QFF points would the 15,000 bonus points equal? That's the juicy stuff I'm interested in! :p

Depends on the card.

Plat 1:1
Gold 1.5:1
Rest 2:1

Hey Guys,

Booked a flight through TravelPlus, How good is this
On a Platinum card I managed to get....

Points for buying air tickets on my credit card 1point per dollar spent
Bonus points for having platinum credit card extra 3points per dollar spent
QFF Points simply for flying with Qantas.
Plus I have my insurance covered
I also dont have to worry about the points being capped on travel plus because bonus points dont count to your points capping.
SO I got lots of QFF Points, just over 4 points per dollar spent by the time every thing has been calculated

Status
Not open for further replies.

Enhance your AFF viewing experience!!

From just $6 we'll remove all advertisements so that you can enjoy a cleaner and uninterupted viewing experience.

And you'll be supporting us so that we can continue to provide this valuable resource :)

Sample AFF with no advertisements? More..
Back