Transit in Osaka KIX 2 1/2 hours enough?

Blacksheep

Member
Joined
Dec 11, 2017
Posts
119
Qantas
Gold
Virgin
Red
Howdy all,

Looking to transit in KIX to KOJ in January, arriving at 5:50am and my flight is 8:25am. Also need to drop a bag with Yamato as well as checking in again.

Flying in with Malaysian and the connecting flight is with Peach. If I don't catch the 8:25am the next flight is 6 hours later.

Too tight maybe? Seeing if anyone has experience with Peach. I've been to KIX with JAL a few times and they're pretty efficient.
 
Read our AFF credit card guides and start earning more points now.

AFF Supporters can remove this and all advertisements

Okay your wording is a bit strange here....
You are arriving in KIX by Malaysian, then need to enter Japan, take a domestic flight with Peach to Kagoshima, where is this Peach flight departing from?
 
You'll be one of, if not, the first arrival in KIX at 0550. There might be a BKK/HKG arrival at that time as well. I also find KIX to be very efficient. Keep in mind you will have to transfer from T1 to T2 where Peach departs from. I would expect you to be land-side T1 by 0645 at latest if you are well organised.

If traveling with hand baggage, I'd do this connection any day of the week. If checking in bags, it will be a bit tighter but still definitely do-able given Japanese efficiency. Other posters on AFF may be more conservative than I however.

Obviously this is all contingent on your MH departing and arriving without delays.

For context, earlier this year, I arrived into KIX on QR802. Plane landed at 1616, I got off the plane at 1624 and was land-side at 1647 (based on my photo timestamps). However, I was traveling in J and had no check in bags, but this is during peak arrival time.
 

Become an AFF member!

Join Australian Frequent Flyer (AFF) for free and unlock insider tips, exclusive deals, and global meetups with 65,000+ frequent flyers.

AFF members can also access our Frequent Flyer Training courses, and upgrade to Fast-track your way to expert traveller status and unlock even more exclusive discounts!

AFF forum abbreviations

Wondering about Y, J or any of the other abbreviations used on our forum?

Check out our guide to common AFF acronyms & abbreviations.

Recent Posts

Back
Top