Transferring MR points

Status
Not open for further replies.

blingy90

Hey guys - simple question, are you able to transfer MR points to another member's account?
Contemplating closing my account before the annual fee + (if able to) transfer points to my partners new account.
Holding a plat edge amex.

Cheers

Hey guys - simple question, are you able to transfer MR points to another member's account?
Contemplating closing my account before the annual fee + (if able to) transfer points to my partners new account.
Holding a plat edge amex.

Cheers

Yep, should cost $5 per 1,000 points. Call them to ask.

Thanks for the quick reply.....
Hmmm, interesting. I thought this would be complimentary, $5/1000pts is fairly steep.

Thanks for the info!

Just that I don't find it all that steep by comparison with other programs. Ultimately up to you as whether or not it's worth it.

I found the found on the AMEX site for the transferring of points, appears the cost is only when transferring between different membership schemes.

In my case would be going from ascent > ascent....so appears no cost involved with this just points are capped at max 50k per calender year.

Does that sound correct to you?

I found the found on the AMEX site for the transferring of points, appears the cost is only when transferring between different membership schemes.

In my case would be going from ascent > ascent....so appears no cost involved with this just points are capped at max 50k per calender year.

Does that sound correct to you?

You might very well be right. Please try it and let us know how it turns out.

Definitely doable in the UK with Amex. Closed the card of SWMBO and transferred all her MR's to my account at the same time. Nil cost.

Knowing Australia though it wouldn't be surprised me if you get gouged for a fee. Interested to hear the outcome though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Enhance your AFF viewing experience!!

From just $6 we'll remove all advertisements so that you can enjoy a cleaner and uninterupted viewing experience.

And you'll be supporting us so that we can continue to provide this valuable resource :)

Sample AFF with no advertisements? More..
Back