Tranfering amex points to qantas

Status
Not open for further replies.

readyrocket

Hi everyone,

I hope im asking this question in the right place, I currently have an Amex Platinum Charge Card. With all the changes to the Qantas frequent flyer points transfer systam at the end of march will i still be able to tranfer my amex reward points to my QFF account.

Thanks in Advance.

Mark

Hi everyone,

I hope im asking this question in the right place, I currently have an Amex Platinum Charge Card. With all the changes to the Qantas frequent flyer points transfer systam at the end of march will i still be able to tranfer my amex reward points to my QFF account.

Thanks in Advance.

Mark

Supposed to be able to.For charge card holders I understand they are creating a level called Ascent Premium which will continue to allow such transfers.

Related question for me which I haven't seen answered yet. Maybe I missed it.

Of course, my regular Platinum card and the freebie Plat credit card both flush points to my MR Ascent account. Does the change mean that when Amex creates my Premium Ascent account I'll have two Ascent accounts, the original one for the credit card with QFF as they only airline option and the new one for the charge card with the full range of options? If that is the case I'll largely dish using the credit card, only keeping it for the free flight/hotel night. The only negative I can see is a shorter interest free payment time.

Thanks for your replys.

I just spoke to amex platinum services and they confirmed that platinum charge card holders will still be able to tranfer points to any associated ff program including qantas.

Related question for me which I haven't seen answered yet. Maybe I missed it.

Of course, my regular Platinum card and the freebie Plat credit card both flush points to my MR Ascent account. Does the change mean that when Amex creates my Premium Ascent account I'll have two Ascent accounts, the original one for the credit card with QFF as they only airline option and the new one for the charge card with the full range of options? If that is the case I'll largely dish using the credit card, only keeping it for the free flight/hotel night. The only negative I can see is a shorter interest free payment time.

I am not sure I understand your question. To clarify - do you have a standard Amex Plat Chg and a standard Amex Plat CC?

If so then you currently have (I think) one ascent account. Post QF's unilateral move you will have (I think) one Ascent Premium account that has all the features of the AScent account that others have but has the option to transfer to QF - that is of course if you want to do that to your points...

If
Does the change mean that when Amex creates my Premium Ascent account I'll have two Ascent accounts, the original one for the credit card with QFF as they only airline option and the new one for the charge card with the full range of options?

Answering your own questions generally gives the best answers. :D

I too phoned Amex and have been told that where cardholders currently have one Ascent account for both the Plat credit card and Plat charge card, that situation will remain the same and it will become a Premium Ascent account. Points from both the credit card and charge card will continue to flush to the Premium Ascent account after March 31 with the full range of options.

where cardholders currently have one Ascent account for both the Plat credit card and Plat charge card, that situation will remain the same and it will become a Premium Ascent account. Points from both the credit card and charge card will continue to flush to the Premium Ascent account after March 31 with the full range of options.
You are quite correct - it's very important that if cardholders still want the ability to transfer into QFF, they must only have one Ascent program enrolled with all the cards linked. When the Ascent program gets "upgraded" to Ascent Premium from 1 April, none of the features of the program are lost.

I don't know why, but they created another Ascent account for me when I applied for the Platinum Charge Card - I had to have them combine the two accounts, which they did in a matter of minutes over the phone.

Here's what I was looking for........

FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - AMEX Rewards Advantage Card and QF FF

jaffa.oz said:
The premium service Amex agent responded to my polite displeasure at having the choice pulled from underneath me with the statement that they are recieving many complaints from customers being forced to change cards with many droping Amex altogether. He gave me the impression he was sick of the whole issue.

He did ask me to be patient with my decision because there are plans a new card will be released once the change over QF date has passed.
He would not go into any other detail.

So we may see a new card release April/May

Status
Not open for further replies.

Enhance your AFF viewing experience!!

From just $6 we'll remove all advertisements so that you can enjoy a cleaner and uninterupted viewing experience.

And you'll be supporting us so that we can continue to provide this valuable resource :)

Sample AFF with no advertisements? More..
Back