Login Now to remove this and all advertisements (GOLD and SILVER members)
Not a member? Register Now for free

Top Three Holiday Photos

Get paid up to 25% in real cash from your everyday purchases from leading companies such as Virgin Australia, Booking.com, Woolworths, Coles, Apple, Microsoft and much more. Free to join and no catches!

Recommended by the Australian Frequent Flyer

VPS

Established Member
Qantas
LT Gold
Virgin
Platinum
Flights
My Map
So my diary memories today has some highs and lows.

The lows - I stayed at the Cameron Trading Post in Arizona - I got there and found out it was on a reservation so no alcohol (luckily I had a bottle in the car)
The food was dire - the gravy volcano - the potato was as hard as a rock and the gravy disgusting as was the bread. The next morning my toilet flooded all over the bathroom floor.

IMG_8833.JPG

The good - I found this lovely cafe in Kanab that served a freshly made sandwich with their own home made bread (and after some very ordinary American food this was just what I needed) and then a beautiful icecream.

IMG_8838.JPG IMG_8840.JPG IMG_8844.JPG

The bad - only being 20 minutes from Springdale in Zion (where I was spending the night) after a long days driving to find there was a rock fall so had to do another 2.5 hours drive detour.

The excellent - arriving at Springdale and having this view from my hotel window and spending the next few days in Zion and Bryce

DSC02508.JPG

TheRealTMA

Suspended
Qantas
Platinum

codash1099

Established Member
Qantas
Platinum
Flights
My Map
Florence, from multiple visits:

Frescoes in the Church of Santa Trinita
Florence Frescos in Church Of Santa Trinita.jpg

Basilica of Santa Croce - many famous tombs here, Michaelangelo, Galileo and Nicolo Machiavelli to name a few.
IMGP0620.jpg

From my hotel room.:The Church of Santi Apostoli on Piazza del Limbo (named as the burial place of children who died before they could be baptised)
Activity below is for the Scoppio del Carro ceremony at Easter (Scoppio del carro - Wikipedia)

Ceremony in Piazza del Limbo.jpg

TheRealTMA

Suspended
Qantas
Platinum
Monteriggioni is a medieval walled town, located on a natural hillock, built by the Sienese in 1214–19 as a front line in their wars against Florence by assuming command of the Via Cassia running through the Val d'Elsa and Val Staggia to the west. The ancient pilgrim route Via Francigena passes though. Popular with walkers today.

IMG_9870.JPG IMG_9873.JPG IMG_9874.JPG
Dogs eat well here :)
IMG_9882.JPG IMG_9883.JPG IMG_9892.JPG

BAM1748

Last edited:

VPS

Established Member
Qantas
LT Gold
Virgin
Platinum
Flights
My Map
I keep getting little reminders of what I was doing in Cornwall three years ago (if only I could go back now) I first visited Cornwall in 1982 and went to a production of David Copperfield at the Minack - absolutely wonderful memories. I also remember catching the train in St Ives and looking at the beach out the window and thinking wow - that's a proper beach just like home (I'd be away for nearly a year by then)

Minack Theatre

DSC02222.JPG
DSC02229.JPG

DSC02233.JPG

TheRealTMA

Suspended
Qantas
Platinum
I keep getting little reminders of what I was doing in Cornwall three years ago (if only I could go back now) I first visited Cornwall in 1982 and went to a production of David Copperfield at the Minack - absolutely wonderful memories. I also remember catching the train in St Ives and looking at the beach out the window and thinking wow - that's a proper beach just like home (I'd be away for nearly a year by then)

Minack Theatre

View attachment 230649
View attachment 230650

View attachment 230651
Ah yes. Interesting place! We visited a couple of years ago. Would have liked to see a performance but not possible on the days or nights we had available.

Reactions: VPS

Community Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shadowsfury