Top Three Holiday Photos | Page 35 | Australian Frequent Flyer
Australian Frequent Flyer

Welcome to Australia's leading independent Frequent Flyer and Travel Resource since 1998!
Our site contains tons of information that will improve your travel experience.

Joining AFF is fast, simple & absolutely free - register now and take immediate advantage of these great BENEFITS.

Once registered, this box will disappear. And you will see fewer advertisements :)

Login Now to remove this and all advertisements (GOLD and SILVER members)
Not a member? Register Now for free

Top Three Holiday Photos

VPS

Established Member
Qantas
LT Gold
Virgin
Platinum
Flights
My Map
We had the full First Class dining experience at a table for 2, with breakfast when joining in London, and silver service dinner service on the return leg. Was quite a day.

Rejoining the main line after a water stop.
View attachment 221301
Settled in at our table.
View attachment 221300
Our carriage, shown at Salisbury station.
View attachment 221302
OK I googled the steam train to Salisbury and now have gone down a complete rabbit warren of steam trains in the UK (I love steam trains) so more on the bucket list 🤤

love_the_life

Flights
My Map
Culloden

View attachment 221223 View attachment 221224 View attachment 221225 View attachment 221226 View attachment 221227 View attachment 221228

I found Culloden incredibly moving and such a solemn place. To look at the mounds and know that they are whole clans, including some of my forebears, buried there was indescribable. The day I was there it was cool and misty and that added to the overall feeling.

VPS

Established Member
Qantas
LT Gold
Virgin
Platinum
Flights
My Map
And some amazing photos from the SA Museum Nature Photographer of the Year competition

TheRealTMA

Reactions: VPS

VPS

Established Member
Qantas
LT Gold
Virgin
Platinum
Flights
My Map
Brilliant Henry Moore!

wrong angle on the Max Ernst! :) Or did the Americans cut his penis off?
Do you really mean Max Ernst - are you referring to this

TheRealTMA

Do you really mean Max Ernst - are you referring to this

Ah yes. The one facing the canal in Venice. I thought it was a Max Ernst self portrait! :)

Reactions: VPS

OZDUCK

Established Member
Flights
My Map
One of my favourite stone circle complexes in the UK. Avebury.

View attachment 221483 View attachment 221484 View attachment 221485 View attachment 221486 View attachment 221487 View attachment 221488

Good timing. I am halfway through a murder mystery where the deed was done next to one of the standing stones. The village pub has a different name though. :)

TheRealTMA

Good timing. I am halfway through a murder mystery where the deed was done next to one of the standing stones. The village pub has a different name though. :)
Just remember the visit by the boys from Spinaltap!

The landlord in the old days (90’s) was a grumpy old bast**d, especially in the front bar with the lovely fireplace.

is the book the Nine Spoked Wheel?

OZDUCK

Established Member
Flights
My Map
The book is "A Divided Loyalty" by Charles Todd (An American Mother & Son writing team). They have written a number of Crime novels set in and around WW1 & the 1920's. The hero, Ian Rutledge, is an Inspector at Scotland Yard and is a sort of an upper middle class Lord Peter Wimsey in that he has come back from WW1 with severe shell-shock. In his case he occasionally hears the voice of a favoured Corporal who he 'had to' execute pour encourager les autres.

They seem to have done a good job of capturing the milieu and only once have I been jarred out of the era - when they dared to use an U.S spelling in one scene. Apart from that they have been pretty enjoyable books - the series numbers 21 so far and there are another 11 or so set in the same period but with a heroine.

VPS

Established Member
Qantas
LT Gold
Virgin
Platinum
Flights
My Map
The book is "A Divided Loyalty" by Charles Todd (An American Mother & Son writing team). They have written a number of Crime novels set in and around WW1 & the 1920's. The hero, Ian Rutledge, is an Inspector at Scotland Yard and is a sort of an upper middle class Lord Peter Wimsey in that he has come back from WW1 with severe shell-shock. In his case he occasionally hears the voice of a favoured Corporal who he 'had to' execute pour encourager les autres.

They seem to have done a good job of capturing the milieu and only once have I been jarred out of the era - when they dared to use an U.S spelling in one scene. Apart from that they have been pretty enjoyable books - the series numbers 21 so far and there are another 11 or so set in the same period but with a heroine.
I read a couple but just couldn’t get into them. It’s interesting how someone can rave about a book and you just MEH. Gone girl anyone. Wasted 2 hours I’ll never get back

Community Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thedolfini