Tokyo Haneda slot - how will Virgin Operate it? | Page 3 | Australian Frequent Flyer
Australian Frequent Flyer

Welcome to Australia's leading independent Frequent Flyer and Travel Resource since 1998!
Our site contains tons of information that will improve your travel experience.

Joining AFF is fast, simple & absolutely free - register now and take immediate advantage of these great BENEFITS.

Once registered, this box will disappear. And you will see fewer advertisements :)

Tokyo Haneda slot - how will Virgin Operate it?

clarkkent

Any guesses when BNE-HND tickets will go on sale? Fingers crossed for 3 business reward seats...

Bundy Bear

Established Member
AFF Supporter
Flights
My Map
I’m looking at VA business $1000 in business return would be good

AustraliaPoochie

Established Member
AFF Supporter
I was on the EK CHC - SYD service a few years back, J cabin was full.
I was the only one in F!

Bundy, I think I saw VA BNE - AKL, was going for a bit over that price, Aud$523 one way, about Dec some time.
If you can't find seats SYD - CHC before it stops, at that price of Aud$500 one way in VA J, maybe its ok to go VA via AKL, and then go NZdom AKL - CHC.
If you book the NZ domestic trip via Flybuys Travel, you will get FB points, and these can be converted (as we know), to VFF.

ClarkkentDo you need the VFF SC?
If you do need the SC, and are happy to use P+P, please don't bite me, only pay with points at that right end of the VA booking stage.
And only go and do the booking via ***www.virginaustralia.com***, and not ***velocityfrequentflyer.com***.
VFF booking will show price in points, so its a reward/award, so no SC earnt.
Also don't tick that box on the front of the VA website, where it will show the price of seats in points, and pay $ for taxes, these will also see you get no SC.
IF you don't need the SC, and have the VFF points to use up, then you can go into the booking via VFF or VA and tick the box "use points".

wendlle

Intern
Qantas
Bronze
Virgin
Silver
I am so excited for this. We haven't been to Japan yet but want to go to Tokyo Disneyland and Haneda airport is better for visiting there.
I really didn't want to go via Singapore so Canberra-Brisbane-Tokyo is a much better route for us.

I am so excited for this. We haven't been to Japan yet but want to go to Tokyo Disneyland and Haneda airport is better for visiting there.
Narita is completely fine for Disneyland, though. I’ve often seen the fireworks from a limousine bus into town.

wendlle

Intern
Qantas
Bronze
Virgin
Silver
Narita is completely fine for Disneyland, though. I’ve often seen the fireworks from a limousine bus into town.
Thanks for the info, we did have an entire Japan trip planned in 2006, but I then got Pregnant (when we thought we couldn't after years of trying) we found out we couldn't enter Japan when I was over a certain period in my pregnancy. Jetstar were great enough to refund the entire trip.
We were having trouble back then getting transport etc from Narita to TDL resort. I'm glad that sounds like it is fixed. I've just heard a lot about Haneda being a better airport for service to/from TDL resort.

Saab34

Established Member
AFF Supporter
Flights
My Map
Probably about the same as HKG. J mid to high 3000s. QF lower end from Sydney is 4000.

Himeno

Established Member
AFF Supporter
Thanks for the info, we did have an entire Japan trip planned in 2006, but I then got Pregnant (when we thought we couldn't after years of trying) we found out we couldn't enter Japan when I was over a certain period in my pregnancy. Jetstar were great enough to refund the entire trip.
We were having trouble back then getting transport etc from Narita to TDL resort. I'm glad that sounds like it is fixed. I've just heard a lot about Haneda being a better airport for service to/from TDL resort.
It is quite... annoying to get to Disney from HND. There is one train line going past the park from Tokyo. The platform for that line is buried in a hard to find part of Tokyo Station. Much easier to get the direct bus from Narita to Disney then deal with the Disney transport options from HND.

It is quite... annoying to get to Disney from HND. There is one train line going past the park from Tokyo. The platform for that line is buried in a hard to find part of Tokyo Station. Much easier to get the direct bus from Narita to Disney then deal with the Disney transport options from HND.
That's just totally incorrect, sorry.

Narita's not that bad, as I said, but it's undoubtedly a shorter trip from Haneda and the limousine bus runs every ten minutes or so.

sjk

but it's undoubtedly a shorter trip from Haneda and the limousine bus runs every ten minutes or so
Versus every half hour or so from Narita, and then an extra half hour or so for the trip itself.

You do have to get yourself over to Haneda domestic for most of the departures, but that’s hardly onerous.

Either way, it wouldn’t make any difference to my choice of airport.

koakun

I really didn't want to go via Singapore so Canberra-Brisbane-Tokyo is a much better route for us.
Direct bus run from HND to disneyland. only 30min drive.

Genji88

I just hope this becomes a Permanent route in Virgins network and not a flash in the pan Olympics route

AFF on Air Podcast

• Married Segments & More – AIR024
    Sat, 16 Nov 2019 04:32:20 AEDT
      Airlines seem to love married segments, but for frequent flyers and travel agents they can be extremely frustrating. Sometimes you'll find an award seat on a flight you w ...
  • HARS (Historic Aircraft Restoration Society) – AIR023
    Sat, 02 Nov 2019 13:24:03 AEDT
      The Historic Aircraft Restoration Society (HARS) boasts a collection of over 60 aircraft, including a retired Qantas 747, Super Constellation and DC-3s. John Travolta's Bo ...
  • “Hidden City” Court Case – AIR022
    Sat, 19 Oct 2019 09:30:46 AEDT
      Earlier this year, German airline Lufthansa tried to sue a passenger that exploited the loophole of hidden-city ticketing by skipping the last flight on their ticket. This ...
  • Summer in Europe – AIR021
    Sat, 05 Oct 2019 17:28:53 AEST
      Qantas and Virgin Australia are fighting over two rare and lucrative new landing slots for Tokyo's Haneda Airport. Meanwhile, four European airlines have gone bankrupt in ...
  • Are Loyalty Programs a Scam? – AIR020
    Sat, 21 Sep 2019 08:36:18 AEST
      The ACCC recently released a damning draft report into Australian loyalty schemes, calling out practices that it says may shock consumers and putting loyalty program opera ...

Community Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
db07mufan