Tips

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone got any tips on using the Altitude program?

The only tip I am able to offer is be careful. The security concerns me as anyone who knows your email address and your date of birth is able to look at your profile/details. Altitude claim that only the owner is able to transfer points however :!: :!:

I just don't quite trust it. :evil:

straitman said:
Anyone got any tips on using the Altitude program?

The only tip I am able to offer is be careful. The security concerns me as anyone who knows your email address and your date of birth is able to look at your profile/details. Altitude claim that only the owner is able to transfer points however :!: :!:

I just don't quite trust it. :evil:

I emailled tham about that, and they say you don't actually have to enter your email address when registering, and you can phone them to change it. I have done so, so you can't get to my details with my email address and DOB.

Dave

I emailled tham about that, and they say you don't actually have to enter your email address when registering, and you can phone them to change it. I have done so, so you can't get to my details with my email address and DOB.

Sounds to me to be a really smart move.
I'll do it on Monday, if I can get through their automated phone system :!:

Altitude Security

As earlier raised, I too have concerns regarding the security of personal information on the Altitude website.

If registered for the website, anyone with my email address is able to access my name and total points without any further verification.

While the Altitude Service Centre respond that it is possible to change the email address, it is still a potential security risk for people who do not change their email address or are not aware that this is possible.

Date of birth verification is only required when redeeming points or accessing profile information, however this level of security is not required for the entire site.

A conversation with cards services at Westpac indicated a few people had raised this as a concern and if you are an Altitude cardholder I would encourage you to do the same. The Westpac complaints/feedback line telephone number is 1300 130 467.

I would be interested to know the response you receive and your exeperiences in dealing with the Altitude Service Centre around this issue (or others).

ej

I would be interested to know the response you receive and your exeperiences in dealing with the Altitude Service Centre around this issue (or others).

Not very reassuring, WAS IT.

There is now the provision on the site to enter a password which, one hopes will put everyones minds at rest. Not sure when they made the change though.

Most of you may know, but some may not - they now require you to create a password, and that password will be required for future visits.

Dave

ozstamps said:
Can somone remind me again WHICH airlines I can use Altitude points on? :)

ANY published airfare on ANY airline ANYWHERE in the world, if redeeming an Altitude Reward, althernatively, you can transfer them across to QF, NZ or MH.

Dave

alien said:
So do people with this card transfer all their point to QFF??

I checked out the non-QFF altitude rewards, and it was interesting...

A Sony Digital Video Camera was offered for 170000 points, or for 5000 points and $440 a month for three months (or $1320), it could be yours.

Or...

You could go and buy it from another online retailer for $1180.

QFF points are more valuable to me.

(Just my opinion...)

alien said:
So do people with this card transfer all their point to QFF??

Yes I certainly do. I mainly use the dept store vouchers. Why would you use the points & pay option when you can get the goods for free on points only. Who cares what they cost in the store when it's F.R.E.E.

Maybe if I wasn't such a FF on business I'd transfer my points to QF but I prefer this arrangement. My place is stocked to the gills with FREE stuff, ie toaster, vacuum cleaner, expresso machine, water filter, etc. Just too numerous to mention. It's a great system. I love it. :D

They have Altitude Travel, which I am planning to use for my next interstate trip. The deals look quite good Mel-Syd return for 6250 points plus $88 including taxes. But the thing is that these are "from.." fares and the actuals can cost more depending on the time you book. Has anyone used this before?

Extracts from westpac website.

Here are some of our hottest airfare deals to inspire you...
Call 1300 887 820 for the latest specials!

From To Points plus Pay From* Taxes
One Way - Economy Return Economy Taxes
Melbourne Sydney 6,250 + $19 6,250 + $88 I included
Brisbane Sydney 6,250 + $19 6,250 + $88 Included
Sydney Gold Coast 6,250 + $29 6,250 + $108 Included
Adelaide Melbourne 6,250 + $19 6,250 + $88 Included
Sydney Adelaide 6,250 + $49 6,250 + $148 Included
Melbourne Brisbane 6,250 + $65 6,250 + $180 Included
Melbourne Gold Coast 6,250 + $69 6,250 + $188 Included
Perth Melbourne 6,250 + $119 6,250 + $288 Included
Perth Sydney 6,250 + $129 6,250 + $308 Included
Sydney Auckland - 12,500 + $392 $91.96

Fares updated 14th October, 2003.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Enhance your AFF viewing experience!!

From just $6 we'll remove all advertisements so that you can enjoy a cleaner and uninterupted viewing experience.

And you'll be supporting us so that we can continue to provide this valuable resource :)

Sample AFF with no advertisements? More..
Back