The Virgin Australia Newbie Questions Thread

Amex Velocity Platinum. Velocity Silver. Shows in the Velocity app under my Velocity then benefits.
I have exactly the same issue (and I'm Gold). I've always assumed it's the usual high jinx from the Velocity work experience/intern kids.

Edit: as there's a significant (6 month) difference between my Amex year and Velocity year, and so Velocity chooses to display Amex. It's wrong, of course. But can't be bothered.
 
I have an upcoming flight PER-MEL, on VA, with my two kids. I booked with QR Avios.

Is it safe to put my Velocity number on at check-in, to get my Gold benefits? Or does that interfere with the ticket somehow?
 
I have an upcoming flight PER-MEL, on VA, with my two kids. I booked with QR Avios.

Is it safe to put my Velocity number on at check-in, to get my Gold benefits? Or does that interfere with the ticket somehow?
You can even add it now to be able to select better seats if you haven't already?
 
Last edited:
Hi, I am usually a QF traveller but looking beyond now . No status with VA.
I'm travelling myself and partner in Biz and 3 family members in economy
BNE-NAN-BNE.
The only seating available in Y was basically the back row of the economy cabin. Rows from 16 back were all occupied.
The ones in front were mostly unoccupied if i can read the legend right .
I see that better seats can be purchased for money but am wondering if .closer to the date of departure, non status pax can request more forward seating for free?
Is this correct - google searches are confusing .
Thanks
 
Hi, I am usually a QF traveller but looking beyond now . No status with VA.
I'm travelling myself and partner in Biz and 3 family members in economy
BNE-NAN-BNE.
The only seating available in Y was basically the back row of the economy cabin. Rows from 16 back were all occupied.
The ones in front were mostly unoccupied if i can read the legend right .
I see that better seats can be purchased for money but am wondering if .closer to the date of departure, non status pax can request more forward seating for free?
Is this correct - google searches are confusing .
Thanks
Depends on the loading. If the flight is full they’re gonna have to sit the pax somewhere, so those will be seats without paying :) What’s left though is anyone’s guess… could be middle seats.

It’s the same as Qantas in that respect.
 
Sorry to confuse you-
family in the last row in economy so have seats . I am asking if closer to the flight date , are forward premium seats released for no charge if they are available?
 
Sorry to confuse you-
family in the last row in economy so have seats . I am asking if closer to the flight date , are forward premium seats released for no charge if they are available?
exactly.

And it depends how full the plane is as to what you might get the pick of. Might just be middle seats in the forward zone that are ‘free’. For non ‘lite’ fares the window is 48 hours before departure IIRC.
 
Sorry to confuse you-
family in the last row in economy so have seats . I am asking if closer to the flight date , are forward premium seats released for no charge if they are available?
 
Read our AFF credit card guides and start earning more points now.

AFF Supporters can remove this and all advertisements

Become an AFF member!

Join Australian Frequent Flyer (AFF) for free and unlock insider tips, exclusive deals, and global meetups with 65,000+ frequent flyers.

AFF members can also access our Frequent Flyer Training courses, and upgrade to Fast-track your way to expert traveller status and unlock even more exclusive discounts!

AFF forum abbreviations

Wondering about Y, J or any of the other abbreviations used on our forum?

Check out our guide to common AFF acronyms & abbreviations.
Back
Top