The view from my "office" | Page 694 | Australian Frequent Flyer
Australian Frequent Flyer

Welcome to Australia's leading independent Frequent Flyer and Travel Resource since 1998!
Our site contains tons of information that will improve your travel experience.

Joining AFF is fast, simple & absolutely free - register now and take immediate advantage of these great BENEFITS.

Once registered, this box will disappear. And you will see fewer advertisements :)

The view from my "office"

TonyHancock

AFF Supporter
I had hoped to begin my series of hotel car park photographs by night, but my new office was upgraded to a parade ring view at the HI at Dunstall Park. (An office that has become all too familiar to since my usual office, The HI at junction 10 of the M6 in Walsall burned to the ground. )

78B695AC-B757-4B4F-B0B8-06F84AFA3DEB.jpeg

TonyHancock

AFF Supporter
Another failure on the old car park view front. You can just about make out the control tower at BHX, and there is a decent view of the flat roof above the main bar of the hotel. (The Hilton at the Birmingham NEC)

D99CFA35-0A86-466B-97B9-D4992C2E7B9D.jpeg

RooFlyer

Enthusiast
AFF Supporter
Qantas
Platinum
Flights
My Map
Taaoa Valley, Hiva Oa, French Polynesia
That rings a bell. Aren't the ruins/extinguished settlement there important in the story of Pacific Ocean settlement? Sorry, just a vague memory of reading something.

mrs.dr.ron

Established Member
AFF Supporter
Amaroo - I saw that but I was driving down the Nicklin Way - and couldnt take a photo - but it was low !!

Anna

Established Member
AFF Supporter
That rings a bell. Aren't the ruins/extinguished settlement there important in the story of Pacific Ocean settlement? Sorry, just a vague memory of reading something.
Yes, you are right, people do say that. But I've read the same about Samoa and Ra'iatea so who knows what the truth is.

OZDUCK

Established Member
AFF Supporter
Flights
My Map
Is this what priority boarding used to be like. I saw this walking through the city today on the way to the bus

View attachment 194313

Constellation VH-EAB (As per the ad.) had a rather fascinating life - VH-EAB Lockheed 1049E Constellation

Some highlights included carrying the Olympic flame for the 1956 Melbourne Olympics, visiting Paya Lebar (Singapore) for the official opening, being converted to a freighter and flying the first QF freighter service on the Kangaroo Route and then being involved with some very dodgy looking operators in the 1960's & 70's. Finally being abandoned in Kuwait

Recent Posts

AFF on Air Podcast

• British Airways Executive Club – AIR025
    Sat, 30 Nov 2019 22:53:26 AEDT
      Many Australians join Qantas Frequent Flyer by default. But even if you fly with Qantas regularly, you could benefit by using the British Airways Executive Club frequent f ...
  • Married Segments & More – AIR024
    Sat, 16 Nov 2019 04:32:20 AEDT
      Airlines seem to love married segments, but for frequent flyers and travel agents they can be extremely frustrating. Sometimes you'll find an award seat on a flight you w ...
  • HARS (Historic Aircraft Restoration Society) – AIR023
    Sat, 02 Nov 2019 13:24:03 AEDT
      The Historic Aircraft Restoration Society (HARS) boasts a collection of over 60 aircraft, including a retired Qantas 747, Super Constellation and DC-3s. John Travolta's Bo ...
  • “Hidden City” Court Case – AIR022
    Sat, 19 Oct 2019 09:30:46 AEDT
      Earlier this year, German airline Lufthansa tried to sue a passenger that exploited the loophole of hidden-city ticketing by skipping the last flight on their ticket. This ...
  • Summer in Europe – AIR021
    Sat, 05 Oct 2019 17:28:53 AEST
      Qantas and Virgin Australia are fighting over two rare and lucrative new landing slots for Tokyo's Haneda Airport. Meanwhile, four European airlines have gone bankrupt in ...

Community Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Skyeom

Currently Active Users