The value of a QFF point

Status
Not open for further replies.

VPS

Qantas
LT Gold
Virgin
Platinum
Does Qantas really value their FF at $2.28 each? From the Adelaide Sunday Mail today

unnamed (1).jpg

asg29e

Does Qantas really value their FF at $2.28 each? From the Adelaide Sunday Mail today

Doubt that QF would value them anywhere near that. Looks like a decimal point error on the part of the journalist. The quoted hotel and toaster shop redemptions are also highly inflated.

opusman

Divide those figures by 100 I would say (i.e. they meant cents rather than dollars).

Scr77

Established Member
I saw the same article and was ready to cash in my millions of dollars !

Surprised by the huge error.

Aus ATC

Qantas
LT Gold
Virgin
Gold
Doubt that QF would value them anywhere near that. Looks like a decimal point error on the part of the journalist.

Or 2. The "values" quoted seem more applicable to 100 points. Of course, we can always buy them as top ups for 4c each, so presumably Qantas values them something less than that.

sumthinfornuthin

Established Member
Or 2. The "values" quoted seem more applicable to 100 points. Of course, we can always buy them as top ups for 4c each, so presumably Qantas values them something less than that.

BUT.......................it was in the paper so it must be true !!!!!!!!......................NOT. Just another example of someone with a little knowledge etc

yo yo ma

Also depends when the competition quoted was held... may have been years ago?

I agree the figures quoted are hopelessly out of date.

VPS

Qantas
LT Gold
Virgin
Platinum
I doubt anyone on this forum would believe it but the "uneducated" might - wondering whether I should write to them and whether there will be a "clarification" next week :)

drron

Veteran Member
Though in the million miles promotion now on QF put a value of $0.007 on a point.Just a tad different to the newspaper.

Get paid up to 25% in real cash from your everyday purchases from leading companies such as Virgin Australia, Booking.com, Coles, Apple, Microsoft and much more. Free to join and no catches!

AFF Supporters can remove this and all advertisements

BD1959

Established Member
Qantas
Platinum
Tomorrow's newspaper headline: "Qantas Loyalty devalued 100x overnight!" ... NOT!

Regards,

BD

Status
Not open for further replies.