The definitive thread on QF IT gripes. | Page 11 | Australian Frequent Flyer
Australian Frequent Flyer

Welcome to Australia's leading independent Frequent Flyer and Travel Resource since 1998!
Our site contains tons of information that will improve your travel experience.

Joining AFF is fast, simple & absolutely free - register now and take immediate advantage of these great BENEFITS.

Once registered, this box will disappear. And you will see fewer advertisements :)

The definitive thread on QF IT gripes.

GoldCanyon340

AFF Supporter
Flights
My Map
I'm frankly outstanded, as opposed to being just usually outstanding, to realise I haven't commented on this thread.

Has the EK award issue had a mention upthread? Multiple times in the last few months I've attempted EK award bookings and the process bombs out on the last stage. This creates much stress when thinking you have one, or when the Heavens bless it, two F seats and then you can't book the things. I call Res and they do apologise saying it's a known issue with EK and that it's EK's fault. Then ther';s the wait to see if some other unworthy person has sneaked in under cover of darkness and nabbed them while you're on the phone.

juddles

AFF Supporter
Flights
My Map
Maybe I am feeling negative tonight....... :)

I just caught up on the last few weeks postings in this thread, and my initial reaction was, as always, why can't QF just read this and use the experience that is in this forum to help guide fixes?? It is full of real, customer-side faults and difficulties.

But then I had a darker thought. Maybe it suits them that things are difficult. Maybe that their website can confound even the most experienced and knowledgeable flyers is actually something that works for them? Food for thought.... :)

dylarr

Flights
My Map
The issue I posted about in this thread earlier that had existed for 6 months was fixed in around a week of me posting about it here (Bendigo showing up as "null" in MMB/My Bookings). Probably a coincidence, but maybe this thread is more visible to QF IT than people think.

serfty

Flights
My Map
Probably a coincidence, but maybe this thread is more visible to QF IT than people think
In the IT industry it's often referred to as "Live Beta Testing".

Cheaper for the development budget and support hides behind Customer Care.

Last edited:

Colster

Flights
My Map
OMG they are giving me the irrits this week. Am am a lowly platinum and trying to book a nice classic award in J/F using multi city to get around the world. EVERY SINGLE TIME I get an error and have to start from scratch. Am using flexible dates for May next year.

If only they could use cookies or persistent sessions I would have to re enter 5 or 6 different flight combinations each time. I am seriously shidded off right now. At least 15 attempts over two days.

Grrrrrr

codash1099

AFF Supporter
Here's another gripe.

I cancelled a PER-MEL-PER flight, but continued to get flight notifications even though the flights disappeared from My Bookings.

Contacted Customer service and they fixed that, but there's been no sign of a credit voucher in the weeks following.(My Bookings is also missing a voucher earned via a transfer of points from Amex.

So another CS contact. They can see both vouchers but nothing they do can get them o show on the web page. That means any bookings I make against either will have to be by phone.

On the other hand, they were pretty quick to refund the points spent on an upgrade of one of the legs, minus, of course, the 5000 point penalty.

kitkatff

Oh good it's not just me who got the "we can't find that location" issue today, i got paranoid as I rang them about another problem (turns out I hadn't enabled pop ups), then I fix my issue and I can't make any booking ... :)

mrsterryn

AFF Supporter
I receive emails as ' Hi Surname'
(It does put in my true surname )
However why use my surname when you are using only one part of the name ?
If going to to be informal use my first name

Recent Posts

AFF on Air Podcast

• The Qantas Oneworld Award – AIR015
    Sat, 13 Jul 2019 02:07:50 AEST
      Learn how to fly around the world using your Qantas Frequent Flyer points as Matt chats to James Green, an award travel consultant at Frequent Flyer Solutions. This episode ...
  • Qantas Frequent Flyer Changes – AIR014
    Sat, 29 Jun 2019 00:40:35 AEST
      Last week, Qantas announced a major shake-up to its Qantas Frequent Flyer program. In this episode, former Head of Loyalty at Malaysia Airlines, Mark Ross-Smith, joins Matt ...
  • jb747’s Stellar Career with Qantas – AIR013
    Sat, 15 Jun 2019 03:00:41 AEST
      In this special edition of the podcast, Matt chats to John Bartels (a.k.a. jb747) about his flying career with Qantas, the A380, the QF30 incident, flight training, retirem ...
  • Cheap Virgin Australia Business Class – AIR012
    Sat, 01 Jun 2019 03:05:28 AEST
      Find out how to get cut-price Virgin Australia Business Class tickets by buying and redeeming Etihad Guest miles! This episode also includes some listener Q&A and an interv ...
  • Star Alliance Status – AIR011
    Sat, 18 May 2019 09:39:41 AEST
      Find out how to easily earn Star Alliance Gold status with several different frequent flyer programs! This episode also includes an interview with John Blom, Australia’s ...

Community Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Alwa