Status
Not open for further replies.

dgruber

Intern
http://www.national.com.au/Personal_Finance/0,,74895,00.html

No annual fee for first year
5000 bonus points

Choose from
Amex: $1 = 1 point ($150 a year after 1st year)
Visa: $2 = 1 point ($65 a year after 1st year)

Hmmm, it seems you can only have one or the other. Would have been nice if they offered both therefore you can get 1 for 1 on the Amex but still have the Visa as a backup.

I was reading about this card in today's SMH.

As to the 5000 points, there is some interesting fine print relating to this:

"To receive the 5,000 Velocity Points you must notify the National of a valid Velocity Membership Number. These Points will be credited the business day following issue of your next Velocity Credit Card statement, from 3 March 2006. "

I'd be interested in knowing what others understand this statement to mean.

I assume the application process asks you what you Velocity Rewards # is.

If you choose not to disclose it, they don't give you the points.

Mal said:
I assume the application process asks you what you Velocity Rewards # is.

If you choose not to disclose it, they don't give you the points.

yes

And if you dont charge something to the card there is no statement and so no points. Clever.

Kiwi Flyer said:
And if you dont charge something to the card there is no statement and so no points. Clever.

To me it would seem that you have to charge something to the card before March 3 in order to generate a statement after this date, would that seem correct?

cssaus said:
Kiwi Flyer said:

To me it would seem that you have to charge something to the card before March 3 in order to generate a statement after this date, would that seem correct?
A Mars Bar from Coles can be charged to your credit card :D .

Notice either of the Credit Cards don't offer bonus points for purchasing Virgin Flights like the ANZ Qantas Card does. Will give it a miss and retain the Amex Maximiser.

looks very average? only useful if you want to go for velocity points instead of QF...

the card is still dog ugly!

This still does not go close to the benefits of the Amex Rewards Maximiser and a Woolworths Ezy Mastercard. You don't get 5000 ff pts for joining, but the Amex Rewards Max credit card still offers the first year free and then it costs $144 per annum billed $12 monthly onto your account. You also get 1.5 ff points per $ spent. The Woolworths card is the best value going around, at $39 per annum, and earn 1:1 ff per $. With these two cards you have everything covered.

it all depends on what you are looking for. Not much use earning thousands of QF points when you can't use them when you want. Having some Velocity points at least gives the option of virgin, emirates and virgin atlantic. Also apparently no annual cap on the velocity visa.
kt

Status
Not open for further replies.

Enhance your AFF viewing experience!!

From just $6 we'll remove all advertisements so that you can enjoy a cleaner and uninterupted viewing experience.

And you'll be supporting us so that we can continue to provide this valuable resource :)

Sample AFF with no advertisements? More..
Back