The big question is???

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dalescott

The big question is, should Dalescott & Mrs Dalescott jump ship from ANZ black CC. Get a better deal else where or stay put and see what ANZ roll out. The loss of the Amex Black card is making Dalescott very unhappy.
What does everybody think???

The big question is, should Dalescott & Mrs Dalescott jump ship from ANZ black CC. Get a better deal else where or stay put and see what ANZ roll out. The loss of the Amex Black card is making Dalescott very unhappy.

<redacted>

Seriously, wait until the dust settles post June when all issuers have made their enhancements™

Maybe not referring to yourself in the first person using your username would be a start?

Seriously, wait until the dust settles post June when all issuers have made their enhancements™

Spongbob thinks this is very sound advice.

Wait and see what the other offers are as you risk jumping elsewhere for the T+Cs to change and then be worse than ANZ....

That probably depends on where you put most of you spend. I would highly recommend getting a (or multiple) AMEX issued AMEX cards. This of course assumes the places you spend at accept AMEX. My recommendations in order of priority (for me, others will differ):

AMEX Platinum Edge:

• 3pts per dollar earn at supermarkets
  • 2pts per dollar earn at petrol stations
  • 1pt per dollar elsewhere - except ATO and govt payments etc
  • Rewards program is Membership Rewards Ascent - 1:1 transfers to major airlines (VA, CX, EY, SQ, SPG etc etc - no QF)
  • Annual fee of $195 currently waived for the first year if you apply through a referral link
  • $200 annual travel credit - offsets the annual fee

AMEX Explorer:

• 2pts per dollar at most places excluding ATO and govt etc
  • Default rewards program is Gateway rewards - 4:3 transfers to major airlines (VA, CX, EY, SQ, SPG etc etc - no QF)
    • ​If you have a Platinum Edge or Platinum Charge cards as well it is possible for this card to be enrolled in the Membership Rewards program instead - allowing 1:1 transfers to airlines
  • Annual fee of $395
  • $400 annual travel credit - offsets the annual fee

AMEX Platinum Charge:

• 3pts per dollar at restaurants and bars etc
  • 2pts per dollar on travel
  • 1pt per dollar elsewhere except ATO and govt etc
  • Rewards program is Membership Rewards Premium Ascent - 1:1 transfers to major airlines (QF, VA, CX, EY, SQ, SPG etc etc)
  • Lounge access (VA, Priority Pass, Delta)
  • Lots of other benefits - eg hotel status etc.
  • Annual fee $1200
  • $300 travel credit

Most AMEX cards offer bigger signon bonus point offers if you apply through a referral link. If you haven't seen it yet, AFF maintains a referral link board where you can find referrals for the AMEX card of your choice, from you preferred AFF member.

For Visa and MC spend I'd recommend hanging onto your ANZ card until the dust settles and then decide where to move (or stay). I rang ANZ to cancel my QF ANZ black card the other day and they offered me an extra point per dollar for three months if I kept the card. Taking the spend to 2pts / dollar on Visa and 2.5pts / dollar on AMEX (until it is cancelled). Phoning them up to cancel could be worth a try for you too if you are interested.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back