Test Cricket 2019 | Australian Frequent Flyer
Australian Frequent Flyer

Welcome to Australia's leading independent Frequent Flyer and Travel Resource since 1998!
Our site contains tons of information that will improve your travel experience.

Joining AFF is fast, simple & absolutely free - register now and take immediate advantage of these great BENEFITS.

Once registered, this box will disappear. And you will see fewer advertisements :)

Test Cricket 2019

Major

Established Member
AFF Supporter
Flights
My Map
Not at this time. Tim Paine has been doing a reasonable job under difficult circumstances.

tgh

Established Member
AFF Supporter
I agree with DrRon , he is in devastating form ; perhaps because he is "just" a batsman now, and is arguably making the best possible contribution to the team.

Pushka

Enthusiast
AFF Supporter
Flights
My Map
Why is this on here? I do not want to read about this.
It’s the playground. Just don’t click on the link.

I don’t think Smith is mature enough or perhaps has a strong enough personality to be captain. And that’s why we had Sandpapergate. He also seems still very much on edge, not surprising, but his performances have been fantastic.

cjd600

Established Member
AFF Supporter
Just let him bat.
Tim’s use by date is approaching soon, but he has served his purpose well.
Not sure who next though...

RooFlyer

Enthusiast
AFF Supporter
Flights
My Map
He was a superb batsman before, as Captain, so good form shouldn't rule him out now.

Paine had acknowledged him as the better Captain; he should be reappointed as soon as he is allowed to fill the role.

Enough of the hand wringing.

JohnK

Veteran Member
AFF Supporter
It may be logical to go with Pat Cummins as next cricket captain.

kelvedon

Established Member
AFF Supporter
Flights
My Map
It may be logical to go with Pat Cummins as next cricket captain.
Isn’t the problem with fast bowlers their propensity to injury, hence the rotations, and it’d take a lot of restraint to prevent him reviewing all his declined LBWs because to a bowler, they’re all hitting the stumps !.

JohnK

Veteran Member
AFF Supporter
Isn’t the problem with fast bowlers their propensity to injury, hence the rotations, and it’d take a lot of restraint to prevent him reviewing all his declined LBWs because to a bowler, they’re all hitting the stumps !.
You might be right but I can't see anyone putting their hand up. Maybe Marnus Labuschagne?

P.S. Kapil Dev, Imran Khan, Courtney Walsh and Bob Willis did quite OK with the captaincy?

Spongbob

AFF Supporter
You need someone with a 99% change of being selected in the team. Given the poor to inconsistent form of the batters (excluding Smith), only the WK fits this requirement.

serfty

Veteran Member
Qantas
Platinum
Virgin
Platinum
Flights
My Map
What are Warner's chances for the 5th test after having a pair for an average of just over 9 ....

VPS

Established Member
AFF Supporter
Flights
My Map
What are Warner's chances for the 5th test after having a pair for an average of just over 9 ....
With any luck - extremely poor in which case I might even think about watching it

Cossie

Established Member
AFF Supporter
Why doesn't he bat right down the order? Then possibly he can slog to his hearts content, as per some of the bowlers.

Root has also had a bad run, but he's been out to some extremely good balls. Warner has just looked utterly inept against Broad, and he's not the most cerebral guy out there, so he's ill-equipped to think his way out of it. Against a different attack he might very well come good again quickly, though. It's not as though Australia are spoiled for choice on the batting front at the moment.

Scarlett

Qantas
LT Gold
Virgin
Platinum
Flights
My Map
At the start of the series I was quite happy with Paine as (C), but now, today is not soon enough for him to be replaced...

(I'm still furious about that ridiculous wasted review in previous Test)

AFF on Air Podcast

• Are Loyalty Programs a Scam? – AIR020
    Sat, 21 Sep 2019 08:36:18 AEST
      The ACCC recently released a damning draft report into Australian loyalty schemes, calling out practices that it says may shock consumers and putting loyalty program opera ...
  • Air Chathams – AIR019
    Sat, 07 Sep 2019 16:41:06 AEST
      With less than two weeks until the upcoming Qantas Frequent Flyer changes, now is the time to make any last-minute Classic Flight Reward bookings! In this episode, Matt ch ...
  • Project Sunrise – AIR018
    Sat, 24 Aug 2019 16:12:31 AEST
      Later this year, Qantas will decide which aircraft it will use to operate non-stop flights from the east coast of Australia to London and New York - a feat it aims to achi ...
  • Choosing a Rewards Program – AIR017
    Sat, 10 Aug 2019 13:32:24 AEST
      If you're new to the world of frequent flyer points - or moving to a new country - it can be difficult to know where to start. In this episode, Matt discusses the consider ...
  • Travel Insurance – AIR016
    Sat, 27 Jul 2019 07:34:12 AEST
      They say that if you can't afford travel insurance, you can't afford to travel! In this episode, Matt chats to James Green about the importance of travel insurance, and wh ...

Community Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fosking