Targeted Triple Bonus Points Offer - NAB Velocity Premium

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pleb Status

Established Member
For the interest of the group, I received a present in the mail today from the NAB in the form of a targeted triple points offer for the next two months on my Velocity Premium CC.

It states 'spend $1100/mth or more for the next two months to earn triple rewards points up to a maximum of 10,000 bonus points'.

As my spend on this card is normally only ~$300/mth, this is obviously trying to get me to put a little more spend their way.

Two $1650 months on the Velocity AMEX should get me close to the maximum bonus (at a very nice 4.5pt/$ total).

Also, this is most likely softening up for the removal of the companion Amex in the near future.

Also, this is most likely softening up for the removal of the companion Amex in the near future.

Or not.

I received essentially the same offer on my wife's NAB Qantas Card for Dec/Jan spend.

It may possibly be an offer when you have previously had ok spend, but had dropped to very little (we had kept the card for its Travel Insurance to cover an upcoming International Trip). Or I was assuming that was the reason.

NAB's wording is a bit poor but you can actually earn up to 10k points per month for a total of 20k points. I've had this offer a few times now and have maxed the offer in both months (intentionally tested it since the NAB card was the highest possible earn for these transactions in my card portfolio).

Today I received the 10,000 bonus points in my VFF account. Time to cancel the card to free up some credit limit.

For information, the 10k bonus was a total and not per month and the NAB did slash the points earn on all cards during the promo period (but is effective from 01 July 2017).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Enhance your AFF viewing experience!!

From just $6 we'll remove all advertisements so that you can enjoy a cleaner and uninterupted viewing experience.

And you'll be supporting us so that we can continue to provide this valuable resource :)

Sample AFF with no advertisements? More..
Back