Swapping to a different American Express card

MG1

Hi, all,
If this has been asked previously, please merge it with that thread.

Is it possible to "upgrade" to a card from a different American Express family (e.g. Velocity, QANTAS, Membership Rewards)?

I've currently got a Velocity Platinum card and was hoping to upgrade to the Platinum card (the $1.4k one). I've been told that I need to submit a new application (and therefore a new credit enquiry) - does this seem right? I thought that it might be possible with a link (as I've read elsewhere). I don't really want another credit enquiry in my file.

I understand that I may not meet the conditions of the bonus points (as I'm not a new member) but I thought that swapping would be easier, certainly if you're in good standing.

Any advice would be great.

Thanks.

Can confirm the above. Applied for the Platinum charge while holding a Qantas Ultimate and it did not trigger a hard pull. Auto approved as well and was not asked to supply documentation.

You can only ‘upgrade’ if you currently hold an existence charge product (ie Green or Gold).

i’m thinking of the same, but I wanted switch to explorer from qantas ultimate. Anyone have experience doing this?

Hmm interesting. I have a QBR AMEX in one entities name. I have also applied for a different QF earning AMEX in another entities name and nothing was auto-approved, just the usual 5-10days for review reply.

Can confirm the above. Applied for the Platinum charge while holding a Qantas Ultimate and it did not trigger a hard pull. Auto approved as well and was not asked to supply documentation.

You can only ‘upgrade’ if you currently hold an existence charge product (ie Green or Gold).
That's good to know.
If I've read correctly, there's a minimum income limit (which I believe is $100k); is that correct? I assume that this can be proved by having multiple income sources?

Back