Superannuation Advice Australia - heard of them/are they any good?

Ade

Established Member
Qantas
Platinum
Virgin
Platinum
Has anyone here heard of or dealt with Superannuation Advice Australia (SAA)? They seem to be a super-management company based out of Broadbeach, QLD.

In general, any one have experience dealing with companies that claim to manage your super for you and promise massive returns when you retire.

I have been hearing about this company (SAA) for a while now with mixed reviews. I was wondering, if it would be worth an idea to look into engaging their services to manage super.

I gather that *regular* super funds (the likes of Industry super, Australian Super etc) are good at managing super and give about 8% return each year, however, this company (and other super management companies) have been promising more returns that the regular super funds.

Is this legit? Can they be trusted. I googled about them and can see mixed review - some 5*, some 1*. The 1* seem to be more about how their lead generation unit/outsourcer approached people to sign up. I'm unable to find much review about their performance really. So unable to take a call based on google review alone.

ACK that when it comes to any matter financial, not everyone can provide advice and that any comments made are personal in nature and should not be taken as formal/actual advise.

Sidebar: I have posted this thread under "Open Discussion", however, if this needs to be someplace else, happy for it to be relocated accordingly.

EDIT: Just realised that there is a special place for superannuation related discussions. I'm unable to move this to that special place. Can someone move this please? Thank you.

Last edited:
@Ade, they are just a Commercial Financial Advisor.

Anyone that promises they outperform?.....Yeah Nah...

Here is some advice: Industry super fund. The fund that looks after the little guy is worthy of my hard earned.....
Agree. They won't want to ruffle Union members either.

Has anyone here heard of or dealt with Superannuation Advice Australia (SAA)? They seem to be a super-management company based out of Broadbeach, QLD.

In general, any one have experience dealing with companies that claim to manage your super for you and promise massive returns when you retire.

I have been hearing about this company (SAA) for a while now with mixed reviews. I was wondering, if it would be worth an idea to look into engaging their services to manage super.

I gather that *regular* super funds (the likes of Industry super, Australian Super etc) are good at managing super and give about 8% return each year, however, this company (and other super management companies) have been promising more returns that the regular super funds.

Is this legit? Can they be trusted. I googled about them and can see mixed review - some 5*, some 1*. The 1* seem to be more about how their lead generation unit/outsourcer approached people to sign up. I'm unable to find much review about their performance really. So unable to take a call based on google review alone.

ACK that when it comes to any matter financial, not everyone can provide advice and that any comments made are personal in nature and should not be taken as formal/actual advise.

Sidebar: I have posted this thread under "Open Discussion", however, if this needs to be someplace else, happy for it to be relocated accordingly.

EDIT: Just realised that there is a special place for superannuation related discussions. I'm unable to move this to that special place. Can someone move this please? Thank you.
IMHO: Don't chase reports of higher returns not supposed advisors promoting such or influencers. . Pick a good industry super company, Australian Retirement Trust etc, which goive you 7-8% pa return in balanced options, regularly put in money. Live life.

@Ade
My industry super fund last financial year charged me $300 fees while averaging 7-10% pa.

All profits belong to members.

The " little guy" is based on the theory that the average worker's super fund is often the only Nest egg they have on retirement. Therefore it needs to be managed carefully and not used as a plaything for commercial operators

@Ade
My industry super fund last financial year charged me $300 fees while averaging 7-10% pa.

The " little guy" is based on the theory that the average worker's super fund is often the only Nest egg they have on retirement. Therefore it needs to be managed carefully and not used as a plaything for commercial operators
ART 10.06% earnings last year. Fees roughly 0.7% No fuss.

manage your super for you and promise massive returns when you retire.
There certainly seem to be some in the industry who will push you towards shifting to a SMSF and then investing in less liquid products like real estate.

There certainly seem to be some in the industry who will push you towards shifting to a SMSF and then investing in less liquid products like real estate.
We had an SMSF and did invest in land. It worked out extremely well for us very quickly but unique circumstances and perfect timing. A year later and it would have been too late. Also shares etc etc.

Now, we aren't keen to keep hands on control of this anymore, and sick of all the necessary regulatory and accountant fees and audit fees. It's all been moved into an Industry fund.

less liquid products like real estate.
Australian Super seems to have a knack for investing in Unlisted infrastructure projects either directly or via one its investment fund managers . IFM investors is one of them

THANK YOU all who contribute to my Super fund by using
Electricity in the Ausgrid network
Sydney Airport - please buy some duty free
Westconnex toll road
Eastern Distributor
Geteway Motorway in QLD

And via IFM investors (owned by the industry super funds) :
ADL, BNE, MEL, PER, DRW
Southern Cross Station - thanks to SkyBus patrons
MAN, STN
Port Kembla and Port of Brisbane (your imported electric car comes through here)

Etc etc

Last edited:
have a knack for investing in Unlisted infrastructure projects either directly or via one its investment fund managers . IFM
Most funds will have a combination of Aus shares, International shares, private equity, infrastructure etc etc in their standard portfolios.

But they also regularly revalue their investments, which technically makes the fund liquid (although that methodology can be called into question) as individuals but and sell units.

But quite different to putting most or all (with additional borrowing) of your super into a single asset class (which I might well be a Gold Coast unit in this instance)

@Ade

ART 10.06% earnings last year. Fees roughly 0.7% No fuss.
Perfect examples of the value of free advice where one year of returns are being highlighted. Not intending criticism of the posters but that is why there are so many regulations

Perfect examples of the value of free advice where one year of returns are being highlighted. Not intending criticism of the posters but that is why there are so many regulations
We are happy with industry fund ART on multI year returns over time. Fair return, low fees, no fuss.

We are happy with industry fund ART on multI year returns over time. Fair return, low fees, no fuss.
But again that is different to your previous posts. "Balanced Options" as you posted in Post 7 itself is a term that has many different meanings & interpretations. It is good that you are happy with your super situation but I really wonder why a frequent flyer forum has transformed to include advice on super, health diagnosis etc.

Enhance your AFF viewing experience!!

From just $6 we'll remove all advertisements so that you can enjoy a cleaner and uninterupted viewing experience.

And you'll be supporting us so that we can continue to provide this valuable resource :)

Sample AFF with no advertisements? More..
Back