Success with points redemption flights departing Australia

limbeezy

I don't believe it has...for one passenger. Unfortunately 2 x seats haven't been available for some time. A quick search for 1 passenger on 2/9/22:
View attachment 258401
Yep I see a few of these. I guess my question was has anybody successfully booked these and flown. (Provided you can) and if not have they been cancelling them?

in a nutshell, if showing availability, are they reliable?

Your simple solution to home security. Quickly view what’s happening at home when you're not there, giving you peace of mind.

Simple plug-in installation means you’ll be up and running in no time.

AFF Supporters can remove this and all advertisements

ANstar

I’ve been doing some speculative searching for Q1/2 2022 J to Europe. Preference is to try and snag some QF sectors to get some SCs (with PC) but not seeing much/anything on QF ex-SYD (not a total surprise). Quite a bit of CX, BA, JL and there were some QF ex BNE.
I managed to snag QF MEL-HKG and CX HKG-LHR for July next year - but I booked pretty much as soon as the availability window opened at the start of August.

limbeezy

Is it advised to buy a cash flight as back up if I need to fly on the date I managed to book a points flight? This is for travel Nov 2021

MEL_Traveller

Enthusiast
Solutions
Is it advised to buy a cash flight as back up if I need to fly on the date I managed to book a points flight? This is for travel Nov 2021

Departing Australia? I don't think there's any capacity issues there or reason for you to be bumped. If you are flying into Australia you could have a cash ticket as a contingency, but even that's no guarantee these days. And it would need to be on a different flight, airlines can - and do - cancel duplicate bookings or 'impossible' bookings (flights which cannot possibly be taken if another flight is being used).

Enhance your AFF viewing experience!

From just $6 we'll remove all advertisements so that you can enjoy a cleaner and uninterupted viewing experience.

And you'll be supporting us so that we can continue to provide this valuable resource :)

Sample AFF with no advertisements? More..