Success getting linked Diners Club card with Citibank Prestige Credit Card

yojohnny

The FAQ details the relevant buttons to mash on the website in order to apply for the linked Diners Club card but after hitting them I get a "You are not currently eligible".

Has anyone managed to get the Diners Club card? It's not clear what you need to be eligible.

Yes but I had to call and get them to do it over the phone. I had the same as you when I tried it online. Ignore that message, the system is clearly broken.

Yes but I had to call and get them to do it over the phone. I had the same as you when I tried it online. Ignore that message, the system is clearly broken.
I called and was told that the guy "thins the Diners Club was stopped" before I was hung up on. How long ago did you request the card?

I called and was told that the guy "thins the Diners Club was stopped" before I was hung up on. How long ago did you request the card?
3 weeks ago - card arrived about a week ago. I told them I tried to apply on the web and it was not working (didn't go into specifics) and they just went ahead and did it. I'd try again and get a more clued-up person.

Have you had a chance to compare the foreign currency exchange rate? I've seen speculation that it's poorer than the Visa or Mastercard rates?
Tried to find the same answer, without success. Haven't used it on foreign currency myself yet.

Tried to find the same answer, without success. Haven't used it on foreign currency myself yet.
I just made my first transaction on it to see what the rate was. xe.com showed AU$127.88 and Citibank charged me AU$126.80. Unsure how I got it cheaper but pretty happy. Best than Revolut which is as good as it gets in Australia for foreign currency, from what I have seen.

I just made my first transaction on it to see what the rate was. xe.com showed AU$127.88 and Citibank charged me AU$126.80. Unsure how I got it cheaper but pretty happy.
Wait for the statement?

I did see a comment after I posted that once someone elses transaction settled it had increased a lot, so I'll report back. I deliberately did this transaction though as a test so if I pay ~$5 I'll know not to use it for international purchases in the future.

I did see a comment after I posted that once someone elses transaction settled it had increased a lot, so I'll report back. I deliberately did this transaction though as a test so if I pay ~$5 I'll know not to use it for international purchases in the future.
To follow up my comment, once the statement has arrived I was charged ~$130 so close to the ~$5 I thought may end up being the case. With this in mind, there is no way the points are worth the rate I ended up paying so I won't use the Diners club in the future as Revolut / Wise are still the best options for me. The addtional ~$5 pretty much works out to ~2% so close but a little lower than the typical credit card international conversion fee, but it's just hidden.

Has anyone manage to get Diners card lately??
I called to request then waited for 1 month nothing arrived. So I asked live chat, and they couldn't find any record I requested it!
What a joke!!

I called to request then waited for 1 month nothing arrived. So I asked live chat, and they couldn't find any record I requested it!
What a joke!!
When I requested it, it was either through the website or the app. I did not have to call.

What a joke!!

I tried to sign up in March, and I got the same "not eligible" message. I called up and they couldn't process it at the time so they lodged a complaint for which was handled by the Maintenance team. Took a few weeks but eventually got approved and I now have a Diners card.

I was on the phone today trying to get the linked diners card. Apparently I needed to have at least first statement/transaction history before applying.

Back