SQ Tips, Trips and Tales | Page 367 | Australian Frequent Flyer
Australian Frequent Flyer

Welcome to Australia's leading independent Frequent Flyer and Travel Resource since 1998!
Our site contains tons of information that will improve your travel experience.

Joining AFF is fast, simple & absolutely free - register now and take immediate advantage of these great BENEFITS.

Once registered, this box will disappear. And you will see fewer advertisements :)

SQ Tips, Trips and Tales

Cruiser Elite

Enthusiast
AFF Supporter
Flights
My Map
Fair enough :) But when it comes to maximising the F experience, the buggy is one of those things that can make the trip special. It's a mix between a bit of fun, and convenience (they come get you when it's time to board, no guess work).
Fun to ride on a buggy? Crikey you need to get out more MEL! Or come to TEBCO Factory and you can ride electric vehicles to your hearts content MEL.

They come and get you when it's time to board? Not always 100% correct - SQ have reduced the number of buggies in SIN so availability now curtailed - I was offered ride last week but would have arrived at gate 10-15mins pre-boarding - it took me 9 minutes to walk to the gate - FFS the day I cannot walk 9 mins I will be so disappointed.

In a practical sense they have their place... arriving TG into BKK they save you up to 800 metres walking, and get you to the lounge or immigration PDQ.
This is SQ thread MEL.

MEL_Traveller

Enthusiast
AFF Supporter
Fun to ride on a buggy?
Sure - for those looking to maximise the F experience... alongside the F check-in, gold invite (etc), the buggy is another benefit afforded for top status/VIP/class of service. Why would you pick two out of those but not the third?

Cruiser Elite

Enthusiast
AFF Supporter
Flights
My Map
One of the common questions that gets asked is how to maximise the F experience. I think this is one of those things worth mentioning, for those eligible.
Guaranteed buggy ride has never been part of SQ R / F offering - you need to ask - or staff will notice your lack of mobility and offer - so don't confuse people MEL

daft009

Established Member
AFF Supporter
Qantas
Bronze
Virgin
Red
Flights
My Map
I'm with CE.. Walking through the terminal is a lot more enjoyable than being whisked away in a buggy

MEL_Traveller

Enthusiast
AFF Supporter
Guaranteed buggy ride has never been part of SQ R / F offering - you need to ask - or staff will notice your lack of mobility and offer - so don't confuse people MEL
I agree it's not guaranteed! It can't be due to the finite number, staff resources, airport operations and pax needs. But as you say - you can request one. Totally part of maximising the experience especially for anyone on AFF that might need such a service (reduced mobility, medical needs, young children, or 'just because') :) Obviously with revenue tickets/status - and gate location - the offering may be more proactive.

get me outta here

AFF Supporter
Qantas
LT Silver
Flights
My Map
I was late leaving the lounge once for some reason I didn’t realise it was boarding and they came to get me and I had a very sore foot at the time so the buggy ride was very welcome. Only been offered that once, presumably because I was so late.

cove

Enthusiast
AFF Supporter
The only place we do the buggy is in London. I think they said it was 2.2 kms to get to the gate or the lounge. You get more Krug drinking time if you do the buggy at LHR.
Never in Changi nor LAX.....

Cruiser Elite

Enthusiast
AFF Supporter
Flights
My Map
Yes MEL if ‘pax needs’ buggy they will be offered one - ‘needs’ can be various reasons - otherwise we should be walking or running to gate IMO.

Lounge staff have ZERO knowledge of which R or F pax are on comm tix or rdpt tix so that never comes into play.

Cruiser Elite

Enthusiast
AFF Supporter
Flights
My Map
Well cove I was kinda thinking Dom in TPR then PH Rare in FL then a quick dash to A cluster gates - but happy to go the distance for s small wager?

cove

Enthusiast
AFF Supporter
Wow this is getting serious.Have multiple bookings to Sydney and only one 3 hour transit in Melbourne. The Dockers missed the grand final berth so we’ll stay in Sydney rather than go to the footy.

cove

Enthusiast
AFF Supporter
We are going SQ November/December/March so I might catch up with CE in Singapore.

Cruiser Elite

Enthusiast
AFF Supporter
Flights
My Map
Fair go JT - don’t go giving me cobber cove a hard time - behind me he is SQs 2nd biggest supporter - he is only reacting to those interlopers who have flown once or twice on SQ in their lives and wanna come into the SQ thread and slam what the regulars love about it.

Hell one bloke was here trumpeting F on LH, LX, AF, TG - like who flies F on them? What’s that you say? Nobody? My point exactly!

Don’t boot cove - boot those ex QF lovers who come here canning TPR - TPR is best Lounge SQ have - don’t like it? Don’t fly SQ!

Hard beds - crooked beds - boring staid soulless Lounge - robotic service - WTF would anybody fly SQ?

cove - email me your dates - you and I should arrange a SIN TPR/F Lounge crawl - invitation only of course - I will arrange s flt to make it happen.

FTR - :D:cool:

N860CR

Established Member
AFF Supporter
Flights
My Map
What's the success rate with the "Do Not Disturb" button? I've just had two sectors with early arrivals (SIN-JNB and JNB-SIN) where I had DND on to maximise rest, and on both I got a 3am shake on my shoulder with a "good morning, we are serving breakfast". Also did the early SIN-SYD today and decided to skip the average looking continental breakfast. I was in the bed, putting on my eyeshades and hit the pillow only to almost be pulled back up by a flight attendant with a "sir we are serving breakfast". Do I need to call the pursur over at the start and specifically tell them not to wake me?

Also did JNB-CPT-JNB and the catering is oddly terrible. One piece of ham and salami and some lettuce leaves. Had some friends in economy and they got a hot meal!

AFF on Air Podcast

• Married Segments & More – AIR024
    Sat, 16 Nov 2019 04:32:20 AEDT
      Airlines seem to love married segments, but for frequent flyers and travel agents they can be extremely frustrating. Sometimes you'll find an award seat on a flight you w ...
  • HARS (Historic Aircraft Restoration Society) – AIR023
    Sat, 02 Nov 2019 13:24:03 AEDT
      The Historic Aircraft Restoration Society (HARS) boasts a collection of over 60 aircraft, including a retired Qantas 747, Super Constellation and DC-3s. John Travolta's Bo ...
  • “Hidden City” Court Case – AIR022
    Sat, 19 Oct 2019 09:30:46 AEDT
      Earlier this year, German airline Lufthansa tried to sue a passenger that exploited the loophole of hidden-city ticketing by skipping the last flight on their ticket. This ...
  • Summer in Europe – AIR021
    Sat, 05 Oct 2019 17:28:53 AEST
      Qantas and Virgin Australia are fighting over two rare and lucrative new landing slots for Tokyo's Haneda Airport. Meanwhile, four European airlines have gone bankrupt in ...
  • Are Loyalty Programs a Scam? – AIR020
    Sat, 21 Sep 2019 08:36:18 AEST
      The ACCC recently released a damning draft report into Australian loyalty schemes, calling out practices that it says may shock consumers and putting loyalty program opera ...

Community Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ukaussie