SPG and AA is BACK ON!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Auspointer

Just got a call from Diners following up my complaints (2 calls and a letter) and they have LISTENED and responded with the GREAT news that the cancellation of transfer partners with SPG and AA has been discontinued. SPG and AA transfers are back on idefinitely! :)

Update - called the back tonight and they confirmed that transfer rates remain the same for both SPG and AA

Last edited:
Wow. This means I will have to look at a Diners card. SPG are the easiest points to get top value out of.

Wow. This means I will have to look at a Diners card. SPG are the easiest points to get top value out of.

Its a frustrating but rewarding journey.

I find its best to think of it as a very solidly-earning MC with bonus points when you can use the Diners

Yes, I too have received an email confirmation forwarded from the Marketing Manager which basically say:

“Letting you know – we have obtained an indefinite extension from DCI for SPG.”

I can't believe it. I take back all my silent eye-rolling and give my thanks to the good citizens of Diners Clubland who achieved this tremendous result.

This is the best news I have had all day. I wonder if they got frightened by a lot of people calling about cancelling their cards because of loss of SPG and AA transfers.

Wow this is amazing news! I was about to transfer all of my points to SPG due to the change.

Just wondering - is the decision in writing anywhere? Or is it worth giving them a call to be sure?

Not that I don't trust anyone on AFF, but my experiences with Diners have taught me not to believe half of what the call center staff say...

Wow this is amazing news! I was about to transfer all of my points to SPG due to the change.

Just wondering - is the decision in writing anywhere? Or is it worth giving them a call to be sure?

Not that I don't trust anyone on AFF, but my experiences with Diners have taught me not to believe half of what the call center staff say...

I'd give them a call and report back. The Diners customer service experience is certainly not the best or most consistent.

I called up and had it confirmed. If you do please report back. :)

Yeah in the past I've found them friendly but ineffective.

Just called and spoke to "Kevin" who said to disregard the letter. Partnerships with AA & SPG have been extended.

I never received a letter about SPG being pulled originally nor have I received any notice of it being reversed.

The annual fee is quite steep for the Diners Club card. It's a shame would love to have it to earn points for Starwood points conversion.

The annual fee is quite steep for the Diners Club card. It's a shame would love to have it to earn points for Starwood points conversion.

You certainly need to do your sums based on your expected spend. No sign-up bonus and uninspiring ancillary benefits (IMO) make it a card to keep for points earn

I have just made 5xJ CX HKG-JFK redemptions with AS for 50K (40k SPG) +USD 125 each which is an example of the value you can extract from SPG points

Hi andye, were those redemptions all on the same flight (i.e. Family traveling together)?
If so, how did you manage it? I've only ever travelled J with my wife so hasn't been a problem finding 2 reward seats. Conventional wisdom is almost impossible to score 4 J reward seats on the one flight. Gonna have to take the kids with us at some point & too used to J now.

Hi andye, were those redemptions all on the same flight (i.e. Family traveling together)?
If so, how did you manage it? I've only ever travelled J with my wife so hasn't been a problem finding 2 reward seats. Conventional wisdom is almost impossible to score 4 J reward seats on the one flight. Gonna have to take the kids with us at some point & too used to J now.

Yes same flight-I'm pleased as punch
CX does offer multiple J seats on many routes (not ex-AU though ��) if you get in early enough.
MH is also good for availability but only using their own Enrich miles

Thanks for the tip. Was planning for CX to be the destination for points redemptions once I run down my VA points stash (assuming they don't further devalue so bank credit cards can still convert at 1ppd post interchange cut).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Enhance your AFF viewing experience!!

From just $6 we'll remove all advertisements so that you can enjoy a cleaner and uninterupted viewing experience.

And you'll be supporting us so that we can continue to provide this valuable resource :)

Sample AFF with no advertisements? More..
Back