Six QF A380s to be scrapped [Rumour]

RooFlyer

Enthusiast
Solutions
Qantas
Platinum
Before the 380s can come back, they'll need to train about 65 Captains. They'll have to come from somewhere, so there's a ripple effect. If they said "go" right now, I still think it would take about 12 months to actually get things to more or less normal. I expect that most of the 380 training department also took the VR, so you'll need to replace them first.

I've lost track of the airlines that have officially stopped flying A380s, but presumably there would be a number of crew from those airlines that could be recruited by QF, sooner rather than later?

If so, would their training over to QF operations be quicker than training QF crew from other aircraft?

Your simple solution to home security. Quickly view what’s happening at home when you're not there, giving you peace of mind.

Simple plug-in installation means you’ll be up and running in no time.

AFF Supporters can remove this and all advertisements

RAM

Established Member
I've lost track of the airlines that have officially stopped flying A380s, but presumably there would be a number of crew from those airlines that could be recruited by QF, sooner rather than later?

If so, would their training over to QF operations be quicker than training QF crew from other aircraft?
As it happens, of the over 800 (I recall) 'jobs' that allow exemption to the international border closure - flight attendants & pilots are listed despite ample numbers of Australian citizens being stood down by all the airlines.

As pretty much all airlines A380s (other than one Chinese Airline) have pretty much been grounded for about as long as each other - overseas air crew would provide no advantage, & potentially some disadvantages as they would have to 'unlearn' their airline's specific tweaks & then learn Q's versions.

Certainly would be fun seeing AJ explain how overseas air crew are better than the stood down Australian A380 air crew (other than being paid 20-30% lower salaries). Absolutely certain he'd have some 'smirk & mirrors' enhancement angle - 'Introducing more foreign language capability' perhaps?

Enhance your AFF viewing experience!

From just $6 we'll remove all advertisements so that you can enjoy a cleaner and uninterupted viewing experience.

And you'll be supporting us so that we can continue to provide this valuable resource :)

Sample AFF with no advertisements? More..

Community Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ChrisRocksOK

Staff online