Login Now to remove this and all advertisements (GOLD and SILVER members)
Not a member? Register Now for free

Answered Shangri-La Golden Circle <> Singapore Airlines KrisFlyer (Infinite Journeys)

twiningb

Hoping anyone might know:

Can I link Golden Circle (Jade from Amex Plat) to KrisFlyer (no status) without pulling the trigger on the status match, then potentially do the status match later?

I'd like to double-dip on points earning for a potential Shangri-La stay shortly but won't have any revenue Singapore Airlines flights anytime soon.

The Qantas Premier Platinum Card delivers up to 100k Qantas Points, 75 bonus Status Credits, complimentary lounge invitations and travel insurance. All this with a reduced first-year annual fee of $199.

Recommended by the Australian Frequent Flyer

samh004

Enthusiast
Solutions
Qantas
Platinum
Virgin
Red
I can't confirm that you can do the match later, but I did link my account without doing the match and received KF miles from a Shangri-La stay. I would assume the match is able to be done later, as it is a separate step.

On a side note, my mother recently flew out from Hong Kong and did the whole link/match and it was instantaneous. When she flies back to Hong Kong in a couple months she'll be KF Gold, not that it will matter much.

twiningb

I got a reply from Golden Circle, but it remained pretty ambiguous. However the best I could tell from various websites' descriptions of the features suggested that, as you said, I could link now then request the status match to KrisFlyer later. So I had my accounts linked.

Then they created me a whole new account rather than upgrading my existing one to Jade, through Amex Plat. So when the smoke clears on that one I'll link it to KrisFlyer, and maybe sometime down the track I'll request a KrisFlyer status match.

Community Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mike Okkerts