Santiago to Sao Paulo Using AA Miles

Status
Not open for further replies.

avaction

Intern
Just wondering if anyone has travelled this route recently, trying to decide between Economy & Business. Is the business cabin on TAM worth the extra miles?

Transform your lounge room (or any indoor space) into your own private movie theatre in just a few seconds.

Our Mini Pocket Projector is small, light and easily transportable. A must have!

AFF Supporters can remove this and all advertisements

juddles

Suspended
Qantas
Platinum 1
I think LAN are now doing that route direct with 787´s - that would be nice in J!! :) Not sure availability redeeming AA miles though.

avaction

Intern
I think LAN are now doing that route direct with 787´s - that would be nice in J!! :) Not sure availability redeeming AA miles though.

There is no LAN availability in J only economy, but there are J seats on the TAM flights (looked it up on the BA Avios site). If you value the AA miles at $0.03 works out paying a premium of $375 over economy. Just wondering if it is worth it for lounge access, extra luggage allowance and J class as I do not know what the benefits are on a short haul flight (4 hrs) of the cabin. If it is anything like internal European flights in business I think I would be better off paying US$100 for the extra baggage.

juddles

Suspended
Qantas
Platinum 1
I for one absolutely value the lounge access in Santiago. LAN has great red wines, cheeses, and good other snacks. I suffer 12hr stopovers in SCL whenever I come over from Australia, heading through there to Colombia. Aussies have to pay a huge reciprocicity fee if they want to leave the airport, so I happily spend that time in the lounge there instead. There is a small área with some day beds that you can have a nap too. And usually in the afternoon they have good sushi. So really it depends a bit on your tastes and how much time you will be in the airport.

avaction

Intern
I for one absolutely value the lounge access in Santiago. LAN has great red wines, cheeses, and good other snacks. I suffer 12hr stopovers in SCL whenever I come over from Australia, heading through there to Colombia. Aussies have to pay a huge reciprocicity fee if they want to leave the airport, so I happily spend that time in the lounge there instead. There is a small área with some day beds that you can have a nap too. And usually in the afternoon they have good sushi. So really it depends a bit on your tastes and how much time you will be in the airport.

Thanks for the information. What about the cabin on the aircraft? I know they will not be up to long-haul standards.......

Nizar

Established Member
Might be worth checking how much the J price is for a revenue fare.
I paid around US$600 for one way in J on TAM for EZE-GIG days before the world cup final early last month. I thought that price was reasonable considering Y was around US$630 lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Enhance your AFF viewing experience!

From just $6 we'll remove all advertisements so that you can enjoy a cleaner and uninterupted viewing experience.

And you'll be supporting us so that we can continue to provide this valuable resource :)

Sample AFF with no advertisements? More..