Repeated Issues with Amex Travel Online

muppet

Established Member
Qantas
Platinum
Virgin
Gold
hi all

Every 6 months or so, my Amex Platinum Account gets some kind of issue or blocked from Amex Travel Online meaning I can’t access FH&R or IAP online. Typically I call to get it fixed and they say just call and we can help with the booking but I have no interest in that as it’s so inefficient. Eventually they work out how to fix it but it’s a hassle. Just wondering if anyone else has these issues or i’m just special?

m

hi all

Every 6 months or so, my Amex Platinum Account gets some kind of issue or blocked from Amex Travel Online meaning I can’t access FH&R or IAP online. Typically I call to get it fixed and they say just call and we can help with the booking but I have no interest in that as it’s so inefficient. Eventually they work out how to fix it but it’s a hassle. Just wondering if anyone else has these issues or i’m just special?

m
It took me all of last year and still no access; lost the $450 travel bonus as their "24/7" assistance was BS - they were closed when I called on the final day of the year to beg for direct help with a booking. Advised to lodge a global dispute..

AMEX travel has to be the worst OTA on earth. 8-6 M-F travel agent service? Any of us who went through COVID with them will probably feel the way I do. When we got the email about the new travel credit process last year I had my fingers crossed as I read through hoping to hear of the demise of AMEX Travel and the ability to just book direct with the airlines, but no such luck.

I wonder if travel credits aren't most of their business nowadays?

Back