Removal of Marriott as a transfer option

Stevo.1702

Qantas
Platinum
Virgin
Gold
Hi all,

I tried a few days ago to transfer Amex points to Marriott for a specific redemption. I kept receiving errors so resorted to the web chat.

Web chat said they cannot help and that I need to call. The phone operator said points transfer will take 24-48 hours. Received a call back about 2hrs later saying it is in the queue and will be 72hrs.

Now logging into Amex Rewards, Marriott is no longer there as an option as a transfer partner.

For reference, I have an AMEX explorer card. Do any Platinum members see different?

Chat agent is telling me at the moment that it is down for maintenance. I've asked the agent specifically about it being removed from the online options but can't get a clear answer yet

Hi all,

I tried a few days ago to transfer Amex points to Marriott for a specific redemption. I kept receiving errors so resorted to the web chat.

Web chat said they cannot help and that I need to call. The phone operator said points transfer will take 24-48 hours. Received a call back about 2hrs later saying it is in the queue and will be 72hrs.

Now logging into Amex Rewards, Marriott is no longer there as an option as a transfer partner.

For reference, I have an AMEX explorer card. Do any Platinum members see different?
Disappeared on my Personal Plat Charge a/c also Is Amex going down the gurgler?

Can no longer see Marriott as a transfer option on the general AMEX page (without logging in):

Would seem strange that they would take it away (even temporarily) without providing any notice.

If it is gone permanently this would be a game changer for me.

Can no longer see Marriott as a transfer option on the general AMEX page (without logging in):

Would seem strange that they would take it away (even temporarily) without providing any notice.

If it is gone permanently this would be a game changer for me.
Yes I agree Total game changer - $200 AU dining credit doesn't cut it Massive devaluation of ShopSmall Well they can keep their AUSTRAL-ASIA market

spoke to their customer rep and was told it was an issue and they are trying to resolve by the 7th - I have been trying to convert points over! not sure if thats really the truth or if the relationship is actually over.

I was able to transfer amex mr to Marriott from the nz amex site today. I got the confirmation email but the points are not showing up on my Marriott account yet.

Reviewed this email this morning. Would have been generated from a phone call request to transfer points about 4 days ago.

We'll let you know when/if they land.

Attachments

• IMG_20230106_101934~2.jpg
    IMG_20230106_101934~2.jpg
    95 KB · Views: 27

Enhance your AFF viewing experience!!

From just $6 we'll remove all advertisements so that you can enjoy a cleaner and uninterupted viewing experience.

And you'll be supporting us so that we can continue to provide this valuable resource :)

Sample AFF with no advertisements? More..
Back