Regarding Amex Platinum Charge card application

Status
Not open for further replies.

nightelves

I'm looking to apply for the Amex Platinum card but when I go through the application I can't find the section where you can add in additional income.

If my annual salary before tax is less than $100k can I just add in the additional income to bring it upto $100k income?

If you can back it up with proof, if required (eg tax return, dividend statements etc) then I would definitely put it in that section - it is what I did.

Interestingly, in all the AMEX apps my family and I have made we haven't once been asked for proof of income. I'm not sure if it makes a difference but we did all apply through referral links so were instantly approved.

Good luck with your application!

You were instantly approved? Mine says it takes a good 10 business days.

Don't worry. My application said the same thing. I didn't even receive an email confirmation that the application had been received and then the card just turned up.

You were instantly approved? Mine says it takes a good 10 business days.

If you count 60 seconds as instantly. This applies to all six AMEX applications I've done for myself or family members. As I said they were all using referral links though (which I'm pretty sure mention instant approval if you meet there "income requirements" - how they decide that without proof I have no idea)

if your credit score & profile fit the bill they won't bother to sight any income proof

Hope so, because it would be a waste of points if I weren't able to get the card. Is there a way to check your credit score?

Hope so, because it would be a waste of points if I weren't able to get the card. Is there a way to check your credit score?

You can check your credit score through veda, though the score itself isn't the sole determinant of credit worthiness. Credit providers may weigh different aspects differently, such as credit applied for, credit currently held etc.

Every time I've submitted an application, gives me the 10 day processing message then instantly get an approval text. Looks like they need you to rock certain boxes like income and credit score as others have mentioned. Very slick automated process. I've always applied with referral links.

I did have a read of your information and it's puzzling sometimes that some get instantly approve while other have to endure the wait time. Similar to an application I had with NAB where I fit the criteria went to apply for it and it said the same thing. Then went to ring them up after a few days and the customer service just put my application through their software and instantly approved..

Don't get how they pick and choose people to be honest

.... Very slick automated process.....

I'd certainly agree with that! Of all the cards I have applied for the AMEX process is certainly the "smoothest". This also includes the posting of sign-on bonus points. My bonus points have always posted the day I hit the spend target! With some of our banks I've had to wait months for the sign-on bonus's to post.

Every time I've submitted an application, gives me the 10 day processing message then instantly get an approval text. Looks like they need you to rock certain boxes like income and credit score as others have mentioned. Very slick automated process. I've always applied with referral links.

I will wait and see how long it takes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back