Refer-A-Friend unexpected points?

Status
Not open for further replies.

drcam

Hello all,

I recently referred a friend to a card on the Refer-A-Friend points, which was successful, and I was duly credited with the 20000 bonus points associated with this offer.

However, when I checked my points balance two weeks later, I had found that Amex had credited me with an additional 40000 points, two lots of bonus, even though I had not referred any additional friend to this point. I attempted to transfer my points to frequent flyer miles and this seems to have worked.

Several days after that I was credited with yet ANOTHER bunch of 20000 points!

Has anyone here received any unexpected points in this manner? I would like to hear of your stories if this has been the case.

None here.

But Amex has made similar mistakes in the past.

Normally they will notice as the mistake is most likely not restricted to just you.

You will have a -ve balance till you work it off.

You could cancel your card, but then that also means that you will miss out on the gravey train that is Amex MR and will have to make do with lesser cards.

at the very least I will have gained an "advance" on points though. And if I end up with a negative balance I will retain my card because the benefits I receive with it are worth more than the annual membership fee.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back