Reduced annual fees and rewards coming soon...

Status
Not open for further replies.
And true to form, you will be hear to sadistically gloat and rub salt in everybody's wounds.

It's like taking a child's toys away after warning them that it was going to happen and watching the reaction.

If only you were upfront about your employment. Obviously secretly ashamed at working for the RBA and yet can't resist coming here to gloat about it.

And true to form, you will be [-]hear[/-] here to sadistically gloat and rub salt in everybody's wounds.

Fixed for you.

That said, I'm unaware of the background of Nutcase, but I'm guessing the sentiment against him/her is antipathy.

Fixed for you.

That said, I'm unaware of the background of Nutcase, but I'm guessing the sentiment against him/her is antipathy.

There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, Than are dreamt of in your philosophy.

When I saw the heading I thought finally Qantas are getting rid of the outrageous award charges and offering less points and then I woke up

This is all just rehashed information, the Citi downgrade in points is in another thread.

Just received my official advice of the changes from Diners in the mail today.
The only reward redemption changes they outline is AA and SPG transfers moving to 2.5:1. I thought they were aligning the new rates for other airlines to their Citi branded cards? Having said that the earn rates have fallen so might be the only adjustment for other transfer partners (guessing most of us are transferring to SPG so will cover most of their transfers if AFF member preference for SPG is replicated across their member base).

My bad news letter came today too. Can't see the value anymore. They could have made things worth weighing up by having a strong DC earn even if they limited the MC. Why would anyone choose it now?

Yep I agree, got my bad news letter today too. One more statement and I'm done. I need to stop by the 13th May so I get the points for this month on the 13th June and just make the transfer to SPG by 2 days before devaluation.

The MC is down to 0.3ppd transfer to SPG. I can buy SPG points cheaper than having to go through my CC.

I stopped using mine this week. It's now in the bottom drawer. I'll wait until everyone's announced their changes before cancelling it.

Just made my last substantial SPG transfer as am winding up my spend.
I'm hoping that 0.25 SPG/$ doesnt end up looking OK for a MC

It's been a bit of time since the announcement, where is everyone going after Diners??

I'm thinking about getting the Amex Explorer card and dumping my points into SPG, where after that i'm still unsure but will be looking to use them for business class flights back to the UK from Perth (once I build up enough) and also flights around Australia so thinking of AAdvantage.

I've focused my attention on Amex Explorer as my main points earner.
Will be digging up my Coles 'Platinum' MC from the bottom drawer for non-Amex spend.
Had made my last charges on Diners a few weeks ago. My US Citi didn't work for BAS so had to use Diners MC one last time though I'll get these points after the devaluation but at least at current earn rate.

Amex Explorer for me too, and Virgin money flyer card (only coz it's free). I've only got the BPAY 75c to pay on my statement. Need to figure how to pay it without incurring another damn fee.

Made my last transfer from DC today. Only had 2600 points so had to go direct to AA rather than SPG .
Despite the ups and downs, I'll kind of miss the Alfa Romeo of cards

Just a reminder that today is the last day you can convert Diners points to AA and SPG at the current rates (2:1). From tomorrow, both move to 2.5:1, which means there's little to no benefit in sweeping Diners points via SPG now for most airlines (even with the SPG 5k per 20k bonus, you end up with the same number of points as converting directly from Diners), AA being the exception, of course.

(If you're planning to cancel your Diners card though, you could always move your points warehouse across to SPG now and then decide where to send them later, as conversions from SPG to most airlines remain 1:1 + the 5k bonus.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Enhance your AFF viewing experience!!

From just $6 we'll remove all advertisements so that you can enjoy a cleaner and uninterupted viewing experience.

And you'll be supporting us so that we can continue to provide this valuable resource :)

Sample AFF with no advertisements? More..

Staff online

Back