Recommended Rewards Program for $100,000 p/a spending

Status
Not open for further replies.

Razza

G'day Guys and Girls...

Long time reader, first time poster.

I do realise this type of question proabbly gets asked 1'000 times a day but any input would be greatly appreciated.

I'm lookingfor a card for business use that is going to give me the biggest bang for buck when it comes to reward points. I've trawled sites like this one and infochoice.com but i've found it very hard to find how many points I need say buy a $50 shopping voucher. I can easily find out that hey I get 1 or 1.5 points for every $ i spend, but I want to know at the end of the day how many points I will need to buy something useful.

Does a site exist where I can find out how many points from each of the different programs I need to purcahse something generic like a $50 voucher? This would help in comparissons greatly!

I'm expecting probably about $100,000 p/a usage on the card. Do credit card comapnies offer any benefits to this kind of usage?

I'm not really interested in cashing in for FF points, but being able to get shopping couchers etc would be great.

Any answers or advice would be greatly appreciated. Especially if they are any stand out rewards programs out there.

cheers
Ryan

Most people on this board transfer their credit card points to an airline program, as this usually represents better value than redeeming for a voucher.

I think you will find it hard to find a comparision of redemption rates for a $50 voucher.

I would suggest calling the major banks rewards phone numbers and asking how many points are required to redeem for a $50 voucher.

Possibly people can reply to this thread.

To start with, I will list one card: the National Amex Ant card:
Redeem for $100 travel through Harvey World Travel: 11,111 points
Redeem for $100 cash back: 12,500 points
THUS Redeeming for $50 cash back is equivelent to 6,250 points
(Note cash back rates are usuallly worse than voucher rates)

Thanks for your feedback.

It really is a quaqmire when it comes to choosing the best card based on rewards points!

Any other feedback would be greatly appreciated.

Hi Razza,

I have compared citibank and westpac altitude reward programs.

westpac,
1 dollar : 1 point (mastercard/VISA),
1 dollar : 2 point (amex),
1 dollar : 3 point (amex platinum)

15,000 points = $100.

citicbank,
1 dollar : 1 Point
15,000 points = $100.

HTH,

Steve

Just Checked the Amex Membership Rewards and found this for Myer Vouchers
$50 voucher 7,000 pts
$100.........14,000 pts
$250..........32,500 pts
$500,,,,,,,,,,62,500 pts
$1000.........115,000 pts
$2500,,,,,,,,,,270,000 pts
$5000...........530,000 pts
As you can see, the best value is to use points on flights ,but as you prefer vouchers then I guess its the next best.
I also have Commonwealth Rewards,not sure of their redemption , but appears similar.
Maybe you should contact a few card systems and ask them to post you out their current Reward Catalogues or maybe you can view them online.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back