Ramifications for Telstra and QANTAS?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dalen

I wonder how this will effect the ANZ card partners? I was a Telstra customer long before getting the ANZ card (many years ago). Like most people I've got offers from the other telephone companies but didn't change. Trying to sort through the different pricing conditions is time consuming and confusing, so with the bonus points it was easier to stay. Also all my points went to QANTAS. Once I change I'll probably join Air NZ ff so I increase my chances of a flight when I want it. After all the time I have spent researching cards I may as well spend some time working out my phone use patterns.

If ANZ has one million card holders, many would have to be serious about maximizing points, otherwise they would have cancelled when ANZ brought in its hefty fee increase. I'd say a lot of others will be doing the same, so it will be interesting to see the overall impact.

I recently received an email from QANTAS ff saying they will be sending out an offer from Diners Club. I went through my regular bills and Diners is accepted by less than AMEX for me. Whoever thought up the idea of trying to sell the ANZ FF Visa and Diners Club combination, with associated high fees and restricted points opportunities, I believe made a big mistake. Maybe ANZ won't be the only loser.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Enhance your AFF viewing experience!!

From just $6 we'll remove all advertisements so that you can enjoy a cleaner and uninterupted viewing experience.

And you'll be supporting us so that we can continue to provide this valuable resource :)

Sample AFF with no advertisements? More..

Recent Posts

Back