Quick Win: Centurion/Ace Travel Insurance, Claim Paid

Status
Not open for further replies.

haydensydney

Established Member
Just a note to let you know about my good ACE experience today.

Yesterday, I lodged a claim for a missing iPad (1st Gen, 64 GB Wifi) that I lost somewhere between the NZ lounge in SYD and BKK - probably left it in the seat. Today, received a email telling me that they have processed my payment for $520. Super quick!

In our experience (well - the two times we have ever claimed from our Centurion card travel insurance) they have been ultra quick and very reasonable. With the iPad claim they only came back to me asking for a replacement quote, which I got from Amazon.com as they still had brand new 1st Gen iPads.

Nice one! Now to go shopping....

Good to hear! I've had 3 claims in the past, mainly for luggage delays and cancelled flights, and have always had fast and efficient service. Will be lodging another claim for this trip when I get home, so hopefully it will be 4 from 4.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S2

Good to hear. I'd have sent them the original invoice and claimed that amount. ;) That's what my travel insurer asks for, and has always paid for based on previous claims. :)

(My insurance costs $165 per family per trip - they're extremely good when it comes to claiming, so much so that I always take it out for large trips, and don't bother with the Platinum AMEX insurance, just for that peace of mind. :) )

Cheers,
- Febs.

Good to hear. I'd have sent them the original invoice and claimed that amount. ;) That's what my travel insurer asks for, and has always paid for based on previous claims. :)

Wait... so I should have got a quote for Ipad 2 WIFI 64Gb (~$800) and claimed that amount?

Is a police report required to lodge a claim with ACE for lost property? :confused:

I believe the basis of payment would/should be disclosed in the PDS

PDS Reads: "Payment will be based on the item’s current purchase price subject to a deduction for wear and tear."

So I think $520 for what was a $850 iPad bought in 2010 is about right, given depreciation.

Wait... so I should have got a quote for Ipad 2 WIFI 64Gb (~$800) and claimed that amount?

I would've. In the past I've claimed on either the original receipt (if I have it), or the full cost of an equivalent replacement (in this case, iPad 2 WiFi 64gb). My insurer has no problems paying based on either of those. :)

Most recently was a ~2year old Canon point-and-shoot camera. I bought the latest equivalent model (which was obviously a much better/newer camera) in the US, with a case and new (bigger, to compensate for the higher resolution) memory card, and claimed the full amount as instructed. No issues. :)

Cheers,
- Febs.

I would've. In the past I've claimed on either the original receipt (if I have it), or the full cost of an equivalent replacement (in this case, iPad 2 WiFi 64gb). My insurer has no problems paying based on either of those. :)

Most recently was a ~2year old Canon point-and-shoot camera. I bought the latest equivalent model (which was obviously a much better/newer camera) in the US, with a case and new (bigger, to compensate for the higher resolution) memory card, and claimed the full amount as instructed. No issues. :)

Cheers,
- Febs.
Hmmm.

I lodged an Centurion ACE insurance claim online before Christmas with no reply (Lost mobile phone). I'll chase it up and report back.

Hmmm.

I lodged an Centurion ACE insurance claim online before Christmas with no reply (Lost mobile phone). I'll chase it up and report back.

...and here is my good news. Claim for the full amount paid into the bank. Great service from ACE+Centurion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Enhance your AFF viewing experience!!

From just $6 we'll remove all advertisements so that you can enjoy a cleaner and uninterupted viewing experience.

And you'll be supporting us so that we can continue to provide this valuable resource :)

Sample AFF with no advertisements? More..
Back