Quick question on Black VISA QFF point earning and Sydney AMEX airport lounge access

Status
Not open for further replies.

cardiology

1. Will the free access to the Sydney AMEX Lounge expires on Aug 5 as the card is being cancelled?
2. Is the current QFF point earn for the Qantas Black Card at 0.75 QFF per $1 and will change to 1:1 on August 5?

Thanks

Re: Quick question on Black VISA QFF point earning and Sydney AMEX airport lounge acc

1. Will the free access to the Sydney AMEX Lounge expires on Aug 5 as the card is being cancelled?
2. Is the current QFF point earn for the Qantas Black Card at 0.75 QFF per $1 and will change to 1:1 on August 5?

Thanks

For new applicants on the QFF black card, they are already earning 1 point per dollar now.
But for current holders, I guess you may be stuck at 0.75 QFF per $1 until at least August 5. No guarantees, unless you got a letter from ANZ saying it is 1 point per dollar thereafter.

Re: Quick question on Black VISA QFF point earning and Sydney AMEX airport lounge acc

1. I would expect that as ANZ will start declining Amex transactions on 5 Aug, Amex will probably decline entry to their Lounge, as they do read your card - but I guess you've got nothing to lose if you try anyway.
  2. For existing cardholders, you are correct.

Just got an SMS from ANZ saying my ANZ Qantas Black Visa will attract an extra bonus Qantas point per $ spent on "eligible purchases" from 18/06/17 to 8/09/17.
Checked my account & the $800 odd spend to date has indeed logged an extra bonus qantas point per $ which equates to 1.75 points per $ spent!!!
Cannot find anywhere on ANZ sites where it explains what is "eligible spend", but the bonus has applied on all purchases so far.
As I had all but abandoned my Visa in favour of my 1.5 point per $ Qantas Amex, maybe they've seen the huge drop off in spend & raised their game??
Either way I will play that game, thanks ANZ :)'

Just got an SMS from ANZ saying my ANZ Qantas Black Visa will attract an extra bonus Qantas point per $ spent on "eligible purchases" from 18/06/17 to 8/09/17.
Checked my account & the $800 odd spend to date has indeed logged an extra bonus qantas point per $ which equates to 1.75 points per $ spent!!!
Cannot find anywhere on ANZ sites where it explains what is "eligible spend", but the bonus has applied on all purchases so far.
As I had all but abandoned my Visa in favour of my 1.5 point per $ Qantas Amex, maybe they've seen the huge drop off in spend & raised their game??
Either way I will play that game, thanks ANZ :)'

May be that only applies to current card holders with an AMEX combination?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Enhance your AFF viewing experience!!

From just $6 we'll remove all advertisements so that you can enjoy a cleaner and uninterupted viewing experience.

And you'll be supporting us so that we can continue to provide this valuable resource :)

Sample AFF with no advertisements? More..
Back