QTMC former Qantas Cash

I know not a lot of you colleagues use this card, but of those that do, and you are still here in Aust, has your transactions using the QTMC while here in Aust, either with Aust currency, or with currency changed to desto currency, still had the transaction declined?
I tried with AT HOP NZ, with the QTMC, both with Aust currency, and overseas (NZ currency, after a swap), and both got declined.
Though, then I tried another card, visa debit with Aust issued bank, and it went through ok.
So, what is the % of transactions get declined, esp for those colleagues who choose to use this card.
Granted that some oversaes based institutions might not readily accept the QTMC for online purchases, but what's your experience when you do use the QTMC with places overseas.
Thanks.

I have used the card recently in South Africa and Singapore - except I had to swipe card and enter pin - no tapping. It was declined when I tapped which is why I tried the swipe and had no problems after that.

Thanks for your feedback, Maia200.
QTMC tap and go (still) works at shops in Auckland, but not to top up Hop cards at Hop card machine at Britomart this.
Good way to keep QFF account moving.

Enhance your AFF viewing experience!!

From just $6 we'll remove all advertisements so that you can enjoy a cleaner and uninterupted viewing experience.

And you'll be supporting us so that we can continue to provide this valuable resource :)

Sample AFF with no advertisements? More..
Back