Login Now to remove this and all advertisements (GOLD and SILVER members)
Not a member? Register Now for free

QR flights ? available DOH-BNE oct/nov 2021

ozflier

I've been looking at reward flights on QR later next year.
I've noticed, in expertflyer, that QR flies DOH-BNE 3 days a week then .
I know there are issues with traffic rights to BNE but currently or at least recently , QR have been allowed to transit BNE thru to AKL.
The flights I found ( QR 912) do not continue onto AKL and fly M,W,F.
They however do not appear on EXpedia for sale .
I wonder if this is an error on EF or is QR awaiting approval for this sector from Canberra.
Any thoughts?

henrus

Solutions
Qatar Airways is currently selling flights to 27 March 2021. Whilst Qatar has said that they want to extend this and make BNE-DOH a year-round service it'll all depend on them getting approval from the Australian government to operate more flights because currently, the limit is 21 weekly return flights into SYD/MEL/PER/BNE.

At the moment I'd say it's anyone's guess if this will happen as Australian/Qatar relations aren't great given the incident at Doha airport earlier in the year.

Apparently, Cargo in/out of Brisbane is quite good so perhaps I assume they'll try and continue the route regardless of if they get approval or not.

Pure speculation, but if they don't get this approval they want then as you mentioned they could operate something like DOH-BNE-CBR or even DOH-BNE-CNS. Not sure how well it would work but even something like DOH-BNE-OOL would be possible and wouldn't count towards the 21 weekly flights.

As for the BNE-AKL add on, Qatar doesn't have the approval to carry passengers or cargo between AU-NZ and I doubt they'd get this approval or even apply for it, before the pandemic the DOH-AKL direct was quite popular so I imagine in the long run we'll see the nonstop service reinstated.

ozflier

Qatar Airways is currently selling flights to 27 March 2021. Whilst Qatar has said that they want to extend this and make BNE-DOH a year-round service it'll all depend on them getting approval from the Australian government to operate more flights because currently, the limit is 21 weekly return flights into SYD/MEL/PER/BNE.

At the moment I'd say it's anyone's guess if this will happen as Australian/Qatar relations aren't great given the incident at Doha airport earlier in the year.

Apparently, Cargo in/out of Brisbane is quite good so perhaps I assume they'll try and continue the route regardless of if they get approval or not.

Pure speculation, but if they don't get this approval they want then as you mentioned they could operate something like DOH-BNE-CBR or even DOH-BNE-CNS. Not sure how well it would work but even something like DOH-BNE-OOL would be possible and wouldn't count towards the 21 weekly flights.

As for the BNE-AKL add on, Qatar doesn't have the approval to carry passengers or cargo between AU-NZ and I doubt they'd get this approval or even apply for it, before the pandemic the DOH-AKL direct was quite popular so I imagine in the long run we'll see the nonstop service reinstated.
Ta for that - They would be my thoughts as well .
Interesting though that QFF is offering award flights in october/november 2021!

Attachments

• Frequent Flyer - 21 oct bne to doh.pdf
    378.5 KB · Views: 9
Vinomofo is the best wine deals site on the planet. Good wines, real people and epic deals, without all the bowties and bs.

Recommended by the Australian Frequent Flyer

Recent Posts

Community Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cathk