QR Avios boost

I suppose I can see how that would make sense but it seemed weird to me, it's not how BA Avios Boost works. Anyway it does now seem to be working. My transfers from Amex are boostable but weirdly the Avios I earned direct with Qatar by staying with ALL aren't (yet).
Annoyingly, the price seems to be terrible value at 1.8 USD/Avios. That's 53% more than the BA boost price! All boost multiples seem to be the same price.
Additionally, if you have several different avios earns/transfers (like I do), it seems that you can't pick and choose which avios earns you boost, like you can with BA boost. You can only select multiples of your total earn in the last 3 months. So that means fewer options and, in particular, a huge minimum purchase if you've a significant number of avios earnt recently.

I found a Boost option in my QR app today.I can apparently boost 5100 points by up to x6 (x6 would cost $871 AUD). Not sure if it is new thing but I have just noticed it.

Is that same as what BA do?
Can you confirm that you transferred points from an australian amex account into QR account and these avios were then boostable? I can't find any information in T&Cs why which specifically excludes amex points from being boostable. but it doesnt work for me.

Yes, I transferred from my amex MR into my QR account a few weeks before I noticed the Boost option in my QR app for the first time. The amount that I was able to boost was the exact amount I had transferred in from Amex.

I didn't boost at the time (don't have a redemption planned just yet).

I still have the Boost option appearing in my app today (the amount available to boost has increased as I have earned more Avios recently). I think it uses the amount you earned in the last 3 months.

When you say it doesn't work, is that option not appearing at all? What do you see?

Last edited:
Can you confirm that you transferred points from an australian amex account into QR account and these avios were then boostable? I can't find any information in T&Cs why which specifically excludes amex points from being boostable. but it doesnt work for me.
Not sure about QR, but I've boosted BAEC Avios transferred from Amex before (obviously not an Aussie Amex, but I'm near as sure the same principle applies).

Read our AFF credit card guides and start earning more points now.

AFF Supporters can remove this and all advertisements

I made an Amex MR transfer in June 23 and have been offered this. I'm not biting at over 2c/Avios

Screenshot_20240802_171517_Chrome.jpg

I made an Amex MR transfer in June 23 and have been offered this. I'm not biting at over 2c/Avios

View attachment 400228
Out of interest, has this offer updated for you in the last few days? Apparently QR Boosts have reduced in cost by about 20% this month.

I'm seeing a 6x offer in my account for about 1.9c/point.

Become an AFF member!

Join Australian Frequent Flyer (AFF) for free and unlock insider tips, exclusive deals, and global meetups with 65,000+ frequent flyers.

AFF members can also access our Frequent Flyer Training courses, and upgrade to Fast-track your way to expert traveller status and unlock even more exclusive discounts!

AFF forum abbreviations

Wondering about Y, J or any of the other abbreviations used on our forum?

Check out our guide to common AFF acronyms & abbreviations.
Back