Login Now to remove this and all advertisements (GOLD and SILVER members)
Not a member? Register Now for free

QFF Platinum requesting release of extra Classic award seats?

JohnM

Qantas
Platinum
Has anyone tried getting a seat released on one of the "limited schedule" domestic government subsidized flights? I need to travel in the coming weeks and right now there is absolutely no reward availability at all on QF (can't imagine these flights are full - just a question if QF is allowing reward redemptions).

😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂

Credit cards which earn frequent flyer points is a popular way to earn frequent flyer points. You can receive thousands of points on everyday spend. And, many of these cards offer generous signup bonuses! Compare to find the credit card that best suits your needs.

Recommended by the Australian Frequent Flyer

sudoer

Established Member
Solutions
WP requested 2 x U seats for QF26 HND-SYD in April 2021 - success!

Was showing I9 prior, unsurprisingly.

ms1

Does Qantas extend this benefit on Jetstar classic awards? Looking for SYD-BNK seat.

kookaburra75

Solutions
Qantas
Platinum
Virgin
Gold
Have you considered QF on this route? Might be easier to request a seat.
I had no issues getting reward seats online for CNR-BNK; booked two weeks ago for mid to late Oct. Only 16,000 pts each, return - bargain. We picked the QF flight for the leg SYD-BNK so we didn't have to get luggage and recheck it. Dash 8 takes 1h20m, compared with 1h15m on JQ A320, so not much difference.

ms1

Have you considered QF on this route? Might be easier to request a seat.
QF would ordinarily be preferable however the passenger is joining others who have already booked on JQ.

I've rung QF and they've advised that they cannot request classic seats on JQ for platinum FF.

ChrisMars

Solutions
Qantas
Platinum
Noob question here: can WP ask for domestic J or Y release too? I see most of this forum is about the more valuable international flights of course, but well...

Community Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
carladanita.075