QF to launch seasonal flights to Sapporo | Page 2 | Australian Frequent Flyer
Australian Frequent Flyer

Welcome to Australia's leading independent Frequent Flyer and Travel Resource since 1998!
Our site contains tons of information that will improve your travel experience.

Joining AFF is fast, simple & absolutely free - register now and take immediate advantage of these great BENEFITS.

Once registered, this box will disappear. And you will see fewer advertisements :)

QF to launch seasonal flights to Sapporo

sbor90

AFF Supporter
Flights
My Map
SYD 9.30am would have just been my cup if tea.
Pity its missed a Fri.
QF could have gotten a tidy sum from me if they added a Fri SYD dep.
Have the days it will be running been announced?

Edit: never mind looks like it's running Mondays, Wednesdays and Saturdays

AustraliaPoochie

AFF Supporter
I suppose I could catch the CX bus from ADL - HKG - CTS but less QF points and QF SC, of course, as CX never carries the QF flight code.
Edit: probably be a prem $$$$$ service sets of flights, this QF CTS desto.

pauly7

AFF Supporter
Great to see another international destination on QF’s route map.
I was surprised CTS wasn’t handed to JQ to trial first, given the market research JQ undertook approx 12 months ago on potential new destinations which highlighted CTS as a potential new destination.
But I believe most skiers to Hokkaido will be happy to fly in style :)
You’ve answered your own surprise :)
Think about the demographic of the pax on this flight (in general).

Scr77

I was doing a dummy run yesterday over random dates and there were a few seats both ways in Y and J. But it was pretty slim.
Thanks. Normally new routes have loads of rewards, as they haven’t been snapped up at the 12 months in advance mark.

HS-TQE

Intern
Great to see another international destination on QF’s route map.
I was surprised CTS wasn’t handed to JQ to trial first, given the market research JQ undertook approx 12 months ago on potential new destinations which highlighted CTS as a potential new destination.
But I believe most skiers to Hokkaido will be happy to fly in style :)
I'm guessing QF may its done its research on the yield (I suspect cashed-up folks with Winter/Ski gear), hence why they decided to go with QF mainline on a seasonal basis.

ozbeachbabe

AFF Supporter
This is particularly good news for those outside Sydney.

JL's single daily NRT-CTS flight leaves a tad too early for the QF61 BNE-NRT and QF79 MEL-NRT traffic, who I believe need to overnight at NRT and catch a 3K flight the next morning.

Those pax can now do the connect in Sydney (never thought I'd suggest D-I at SYD to be a good thing, but it is in this case) without paying for the privilege of flying on QF25 and avoiding an additional connection at HND.

Does anyone know what the schedule will look like?
If you're in BNE it's going to be an earlier start as being in the AU summer NSW will be on daylight saving so you'd need to depart BNE at 0500 to arrive in SYD at 0730 to give you a 2 hour transit in SYD. The next flight at 0600 would only give you one hour in SYD for the dom to int which often ends in tears. You'd really want to fly down the evening prior which means taking all checked baggage with you to the hotel overnight.

May as well just go BNE-NRT on QF61 and overnight there. Ditto for the return as you're better off with a non-stop overnight flight than going via SYD.

Thanks for the info - so it could handle feeders from most Aus cities although connections may be a little tight if there are any delays in the network.

Maybe it will operate on the three days which QF33 SYD-KIX doesn't? (currently M W Th Sa)

love_the_life

AFF Supporter
Flights
My Map
If you're in BNE it's going to be an earlier start as being in the AU summer NSW will be on daylight saving so you'd need to depart BNE at 0500 to arrive in SYD at 0730 to give you a 2 hour transit in SYD. The next flight at 0600 would only give you one hour in SYD for the dom to int which often ends in tears. You'd really want to fly down the evening prior which means taking all checked baggage with you to the hotel overnight.

May as well just go BNE-NRT on QF61 and overnight there. Ditto for the return as you're better off with a non-stop overnight flight than going via SYD.

View attachment 161275
You know you can fix that easily ...... bring in daylight saving. :p:eek:

AFF on Air Podcast

• jb747’s Stellar Career with Qantas – AIR013
    Sat, 15 Jun 2019 03:00:41 AEST
      In this special edition of the podcast, Matt chats to John Bartels (a.k.a. jb747) about his flying career with Qantas, the A380, the QF30 incident, flight training, retirem ...
  • Cheap Virgin Australia Business Class – AIR012
    Sat, 01 Jun 2019 03:05:28 AEST
      Find out how to get cut-price Virgin Australia Business Class tickets by buying and redeeming Etihad Guest miles! This episode also includes some listener Q&A and an interv ...
  • Star Alliance Status – AIR011
    Sat, 18 May 2019 09:39:41 AEST
      Find out how to easily earn Star Alliance Gold status with several different frequent flyer programs! This episode also includes an interview with John Blom, Australia’s ...
  • Premium Economy – AIR010
    Sat, 04 May 2019 00:21:32 AEST
      Premium Economy is a great compromise if you want a more comfortable experience than Economy, without paying for Business or First class airfares! In this episode, AFF’s ...
  • Hyperinflation of Points – AIR009
    Sat, 20 Apr 2019 04:49:59 AEST
      Frequent flyer points are a valuable currency, but they aren’t immune from hyperinflation! In this episode, Matt discusses why frequent flyer points are a terrible long-t ...

Community Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
joernos