Qatar Frequent Flyer vs Velocity Virgin Australia

L19MudMan

Newbie
Joined
Oct 8, 2026
Posts
2
Hey, just after some information what way I am best to try do this.
I am currently 180 status credits from Velocity Platinum.

I am flying Perth-Doha-Manchester return every month but I have been booking through Virgin due to my Gold status so I get the Gold perks.

However, I want to try get Qatar Q Points and attain Gold with them. Is there anyway I can continue to book with Virgin Australia but claim Qatar Q-Points?

If you get what I mean so I don't lose the Gold perks but earn the Q Points at same time
 
Read our AFF credit card guides and start earning more points now.

AFF Supporters can remove this and all advertisements

I think you are better off just crediting it all to QR Privilege and getting Gold with them.
That gives you plenty of perks with VA and OW
 
I think you are better off just crediting it all to QR Privilege and getting Gold with them.
That gives you plenty of perks with VA and OW
Do you know if there is a way around it after I've flown as I want to tracked on gold but credit the QR FF
 

Become an AFF member!

Join Australian Frequent Flyer (AFF) for free and unlock insider tips, exclusive deals, and global meetups with 65,000+ frequent flyers.

AFF members can also access our Frequent Flyer Training courses, and upgrade to Fast-track your way to expert traveller status and unlock even more exclusive discounts!

AFF forum abbreviations

Wondering about Y, J or any of the other abbreviations used on our forum?

Check out our guide to common AFF acronyms & abbreviations.
Back
Top