Qantas "win 200,000 points if you xfer 2,000 points before 31 Mar 2012" competition

Status
Not open for further replies.

angusburns

This promotion has apparently been running all March but I never received an email or letter so thought I would re-post while it is still current in case others have also similarly missed notification.

Eligibility: "current account holders of an American Express Centurion card, an American
Express Platinum Charge card or an American Express Rewards Advantage card
and enrolled in Membership Rewards Ascent Premium"

T&C - https://catalogue.membershiprewards...ion_Terms_and_Conditions.pdf&languageId=en_au

Re: Qantas "win 200,000 points if you xfer 2,000 points before 31 Mar 2012" competiti

Would a transfer today make it by tomorrow?

Re: Qantas "win 200,000 points if you xfer 2,000 points before 31 Mar 2012" competiti

"8. To enter, during the Promotional Period an Eligible Entrant must successfully redeem a
minimum of 2,000 Membership Rewards points for Qantas Frequent Flyer points in one single
transaction to automatically receive 1 x entry into the draw."

I just redeemed 10,000 points and it is in my Redeemed Points list (status pending) with today's date so I would think so.

The T&C list Amex as the promoter, so I would say that the date of redemption on the Amex site would be the one that counts - To be sure, you could call Amex and ask.

"8. To enter, during the Promotional Period an Eligible Entrant must successfully redeem a
minimum of 2,000 Membership Rewards points for Qantas Frequent Flyer points in one single
transaction to automatically receive 1 x entry into the draw."

I just redeemed 10,000 points and it is in my Redeemed Points list (status pending) with today's date so I would think so.

The T&C list Amex as the promoter, so I would say that the date of redemption on the Amex site would be the one that counts - To be sure, you could call Amex and ask.

Section 13 says that it is the time it is deposited into your QFF account that counts.

Guess it is up to you to take the risk. It will "cost" you a 2,000 point transfer to find out.

I have not transferred from Amex to Qantas for years so don't know if Qantas dates the points deposit to the day the redemption occurred or the actual date that they get processed by Qantas - Perhaps someone else who has done it recently could let us know.

Sorry.

From my experience I would expect the points to hit your QFF account the day after you do the transfer.

From my experience, it takes at most 1 business day for the AMEX to QF transfer. I TFed 2000 pts 3 weeks ago as I needed a top up to redeem an award, so hopefully I will get an entry into the competition.

Damn - seems like it's too late to enter. Good luck to other AFFers though.

This promotion has apparently been running all March but I never received an email or letter so thought I would re-post while it is still current in case others have also similarly missed notification.

Eligibility: "current account holders of an American Express Centurion card, an American
Express Platinum Charge card or an American Express Rewards Advantage card
and enrolled in Membership Rewards Ascent Premium"

I spotted that a few days ago and transferred 2,000 points - took two business days to show up in my QF account from memory.

Pretty good competition I reckon. Apart from the low "price of entry", I'd imagine the chances of winning are relatively good - not that many cardholders enrolled in MR Ascent Premium, and only a subset of those would have transferred to QF during March.

Pretty good competition I reckon. Apart from the low "price of entry", I'd imagine the chances of winning are relatively good - not that many cardholders enrolled in MR Ascent Premium, and only a subset of those would have transferred to QF during March.
I like that thinking.....:)

Typical of Amex not to send an email or flyer in the mail .....

Typical of Amex not to send an email or flyer in the mail .....

It is/was listed on the webpage showing all the points-transfer bonuses for March - that's how I spotted it. I'm assuming an e-mail was sent to Amex cardholders promoting those specials / linking to that page, although I wasn't an Amex cardholder at the start of March so I can't be sure. Not as good as an e-mail detailing this competition specifically, but it is some form of promotion for it.

Being entirely selfish for a second, the lack of direct promo also further increases the chances of winning for those of us who did spot the competition though :D:evil: That being said, if I'd known it wasn't properly promoted I would have posted about it when I spotted it - but I assumed Amex cardholders would have already been informed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Enhance your AFF viewing experience!!

From just $6 we'll remove all advertisements so that you can enjoy a cleaner and uninterupted viewing experience.

And you'll be supporting us so that we can continue to provide this valuable resource :)

Sample AFF with no advertisements? More..
Back