Qantas Ultimate card switched to Blue/Green card

Status
Not open for further replies.

albatross710

Established Member
My Qantas Amex card is up for renewal with the fee appearing on my statement this week. Last year they renewed the card fee-free for the year. This year they have switched it to a new card type which accrues Qf points at 0.75:$1, no annual fee.

I spent virtually zero on the card last year so they weren't offering to renew the QF card. No doubt it is a card that will work in Amex's favour.

Last edited:
My Qantas Amex card is up for renewal with the fee appearing on my statement this week. Last year they renewed the card fee-free for the year. This year they have switched it to a new card type which accrues Qf points at 1.75:$1, no annual fee.

I spent virtually zero on the card last year so they weren't offering to renew the QF card. No doubt it is a card that will work in Amex's favour.

You mean 0.75:$1, right? 1.75 points per dollar would be a steal ....

Was it the Discovery Card (although that is 0.75 to $1, but maybe there is a bonus if spending on QF). If people are asking for fee waivers all the time, it is little surprise they would want to move them onto a diferent product.

You mean 0.75:$1, right? 1.75 points per dollar would be a steal ....

Must have been wishful thinking on my part,although I am sure I queried her on that earn rate.

I rang back this morning and they confirmed it is called Qantas Discovery Card which earns at 0.75.

Always a catch with Amex.

I'll go back and amend my original post.

Its no surprise that they wouldn't want to give you the ultimate for free again.

Even fee-free you still receive the free flight and if you do not use the card very often the merchant fees amex receive probably were not even covering the cost of the flight.

I dont think heavy users of the card will be forced to downgrade to have the fee waived.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Enhance your AFF viewing experience!!

From just $6 we'll remove all advertisements so that you can enjoy a cleaner and uninterupted viewing experience.

And you'll be supporting us so that we can continue to provide this valuable resource :)

Sample AFF with no advertisements? More..
Back