Card Promotions Qantas Premier Plat CC Instalment offer

maia200

Qantas
Platinum
Virgin
Platinum
Is this a general offer? It is for 10000 Qantas points if you pay by instalment anything over $2500 and keep it for 3 months. You can pay it off at anytime without penalties. Lesser points for a lesser amount. I have always paid my cc in full by due date so a bit hesitant on paying some of it by instalments for the points in case it affects my credit standing?
1678676950091.png

10,000 points for $37.40 in interest charges seems like a pretty good deal to me. (Assuming there are no other fees or crazy T&Cs.)

Not sure how it will affect your credit standing. Repayment compliance is based on the minimum repayment not full balance.

Holding a balance doesn't affect your rating. Missing minimum payments by due dates is what will affect your rating. As long as holding a balance doesn't give you a taste and you continue the habit after earning the points, it looks like a decent deal.

Looks like QF money is dropping a few targeted offers at the moment, I got spend $3000 in 2 months for 3000 bonus points.

It won’t affect your credit history unless you miss payments. It’s pretty common for NAB/Citi to do these, I’ve had heaps over the years from Citi (either from their Premier card, usually for $100/$200 gift cards, or the Coles card, for xx,000 Flybuys points).

Most recently I got the offer for $200 gift card on a $2,500 0% interest transfer, 0.99% fee. $24.75 for $200 is obviously a great deal, so I jumped on it. But I’ve also recently had some offering 17.99% interest rates, and other such poor deals, so make sure you know what you’re signing up for clearly before you jump in.

I applied to Amex and Latitude (for points) but was turned down on both of them due to not having enough income.......maybe I should have changed where I put what but too late now. I have the Qantas Plat pre retirement.

I applied to Amex and Latitude (for points) but was turned down on both of them due to not having enough income.......maybe I should have changed where I put what but too late now. I have the Qantas Plat pre retirement.
Amex don't like retirees IME.

Before retirement they will assess household income; after retirement they only count the applicant's income. Also, they will only accept up to 5% of your superannuation balance as income, no matter what your actual pension payment is.

I have no experience with Latitude.

Back